Notices

props for speed

Old 09-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default props for speed

Has anyone reversed rotation of props on twin engine boat and gain MPH ? A friend told me he has heard of people doing this and gain a couple ... more specific Port prop rotating clockwise and the Starboard rotating counterclockwise. Says it lifts the stern to some degree.. Truth or Myth
Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Spinning "Inboard"....It can gain speed, BUT....Can also make an Ill Handling Boat. You can actually feel it moving the back of the boat around, and that's just going in a straight line. I'm sure what ever direction your boat builder put on your boat is the best way. Spinning outboard will let it carry the nose better and that usually equates to more speed, you cant lift the stern & still have trimability (you cant carry the nose & Lift the stern, otherwise, you'd be flying )
Old 09-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01scarab29
Has anyone reversed rotation of props on twin engine boat and gain MPH ? A friend told me he has heard of people doing this and gain a couple ... more specific Port prop rotating clockwise and the Starboard rotating counterclockwise. Says it lifts the stern to some degree.. Truth or Myth
b4 you go through the bs of switching the cables around swap props and put the boat into reverse to go forward just to try it to see how you like it..
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i appreciate your wisdom guys ,,,, will try in a couple of weeks
Old 09-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spin mine in.... Picked up 1-2 mph. I did not notice that much change in docking. It was a good choice for me.

Last edited by mptrimshop; 09-29-2013 at 10:40 AM.