Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job
Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alan Gordon - Pier 57
www.pier57.com
847-336-9037
Attached Thumbnails 1975 Cigarette 20 - Full Make Over @ PIER 57-img_9058.jpg   1975 Cigarette 20 - Full Make Over @ PIER 57-img_9056.jpg   1975 Cigarette 20 - Full Make Over @ PIER 57-img_9067.jpg  

1975 Cigarette 20 - Full Make Over @ PIER 57-img_9070.jpg   1975 Cigarette 20 - Full Make Over @ PIER 57-img_9084.jpg   1975 Cigarette 20 - Full Make Over @ PIER 57-img_9097.jpg  

Old 10-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alan (and all the crew @ Pier 57),

You guys did a beautiful job on this CIG 20 and you all should feel proud of it. I for one think it is refreshing to see a "real world" professional restoration instead of an over the top mega buck restoration. If more people took that attitude in restoring some of these older rare classics a lot more of them could be saved instead of left to rot away.

IMHO what you guys did was much more appropriate for the intent and spirit of the original design and you don't have to justify it to anyone. As you know, no matter what or how you do something there are always those that will question or think it should have been done this way or that way.

Funny, the only thing that stood out to me on the restoration as being "odd" was keeping the old Merc Trim Control when all the other Gauges, Steering, switches and Shift/Throttle were updated. But even that is cool because it is a little reminder of the vintage of the boat.

Can't wait to see what you do with the 24 resto as I will be watching that one closely!!

Cheers and keep up the great work,

Dave
Old 10-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nicely done, I really enjoy these types of threads.

Anyone have a link or pics to the Lipship 20 previously mentioned?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
That 20 Phil did matched the 50 Marauder and was like 200k right?

Phil is a detail man for sure but when it is 20 ft long and costs more than a Top Gun something is wrong!
I'm not sure what Phil was asking, but theres a difference in what someone asks vrs what they'll take, I know I could have bought it for way less... And if you bought the 50 he was throwing it in
Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TBAG
Very nicely done, I really enjoy these types of threads.

Anyone have a link or pics to the Lipship 20 previously mentioned?
You can go to his site and look at for sale, it's still on there and you can still look at the pictures. Lipship.com Like I said earlier, the Pier 57 boat looks great but someone made a comparison and as I pointed out, there really isn't one. The above mentioned using the old power and parts and why they did that, not like they need to justify but they did. And that's something I've never seen Phil do, everything is new and there's a lot more that goes into a Lipship that went into the 57 boat. They obviously just went through this boat the way the customer wanted it. As for the price difference, call Phil and ask why but when you take into consideration that everything is new including power and you look at the quality of the parts and workmanship that go into any of his boats, you start to understand why real quick. Also Phil stands behind his product 100 percent and the guy goes way out of his way to take care of customers and make them happy. To me that's worth something as well.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
You can go to his site and look at for sale, it's still on there and you can still look at the pictures. Lipship.com Like I said earlier, the Pier 57 boat looks great but someone made a comparison and as I pointed out, there really isn't one. The above mentioned using the old power and parts and why they did that, not like they need to justify but they did. And that's something I've never seen Phil do, everything is new and there's a lot more that goes into a Lipship that went into the 57 boat. They obviously just went through this boat the way the customer wanted it. As for the price difference, call Phil and ask why but when you take into consideration that everything is new including power and you look at the quality of the parts and workmanship that go into any of his boats, you start to understand why real quick. Also Phil stands behind his product 100 percent and the guy goes way out of his way to take care of customers and make them happy. To me that's worth something as well.
What's with all the nut swinging? This is a cool boat and looks great. 200k for a 20' is stupid no matter what it looks like.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Very nice! That one looks great and I like the fact that you retained the TRS.
Kurt, I was just thinking about that myself. Smooth FNR shifting (hydraulic trans), and trs is a strong unit for a small block. Nice package.
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 10-11-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
What's with all the nut swinging? This is a cool boat and looks great. 200k for a 20' is stupid no matter what it looks like.
Nut swinging? What do you mean by that? And I don't know anything about 200k for a 20' boat either.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like how you handled the vinyl work (and paint scheme too) clean, classic, yet not outdated

Alan, I never should have opened this thread.........now you have me thinking different about our vinyl project.....

We'll see ya soon
Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.