Notices

help me find magic brush

Old 08-07-2002, 10:48 AM
liquidlocomotive

Default help me find magic brush

need to do some touch up on my scarab and magic brush painted it. i beleive they are out of FL. trying to get a paint code. are they still around? phone number? thanks!

Old 08-07-2002, 11:50 AM
liquidlocomotive

thanks Too Old, its a start.

Old 08-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"magic brush" is working at the Donzi plant in Sarasota, Florida.
He painted my Scarab, the last one out of the factory last month.
He is doing some real neat custom paint jobs for Donzi, I look forward to seeing them.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:14 AM
liquidlocomotive

can you get me a phone number for them please?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered

Hey! I just found this site and saw your questions.
Wow, glad to see you folks. Especially since all the paint still looks good!
Yes, I painted Scarabs for Wellcraft from 1989 thru 2003. I also painted some customs for Donzi during eary'90's and early'00's

My billing statments total 1,287 Scarabs. 1 off customs and factory offerings. Wellcraft provided the best environment for custom painting. I was blessed with working and knowing terrific people, one who posted here. I had allways been a custom painter on cars, bikes, and trucks, but boats are BIG. Fortunatly the procedures for creating an image are all the same and Wellcraft had the resources for unlimited creativity. They also demanded the highest quality workmanship and materials. I'm sure glad all the extra efforts were worth it for you folks.
I see my work all over the web and videos of boats for sale, and suprisingly, I remember most of them. All the pictures ya'll have on this page I remember painting.
You are all so fortunate to enjoy offshore boating. (I coundn't charge enough to afford one for me! LOL) My first ride was in "Smokin' Joe" a 43' triple 900sc w/6 drives. OMG !!! So that's what I'm painting does!!!!! From then on, I painted everything with the energy and thrill I got that day at 100+mph taking 5-7' rollers like sex!
When Scarabs were discountinued, I unwound from the demands of a production/shipping deadlines. I didn't think the market was worth the investment nessesary to continue.
Through the years I've been able to help many Scarab owners with colors, advice, and stencils for paint repair. They have all been tenacious in searching me down, and hopefully by posting here, more of you can find me easily.
I set my options up to recieve instant e-mails from this site/thread.
I hope to hear from you.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by magic brush
Hey! I just found this site and saw your questions.
Wow, glad to see you folks. Especially since all the paint still looks good!
Yes, I painted Scarabs for Wellcraft from 1989 thru 2003. I also painted some customs for Donzi during eary'90's and early'00's

My billing statments total 1,287 Scarabs. 1 off customs and factory offerings. Wellcraft provided the best environment for custom painting. I was blessed with working and knowing terrific people, one who posted here. I had allways been a custom painter on cars, bikes, and trucks, but boats are BIG. Fortunatly the procedures for creating an image are all the same and Wellcraft had the resources for unlimited creativity. They also demanded the highest quality workmanship and materials. I'm sure glad all the extra efforts were worth it for you folks.
I see my work all over the web and videos of boats for sale, and suprisingly, I remember most of them. All the pictures ya'll have on this page I remember painting.
You are all so fortunate to enjoy offshore boating. (I coundn't charge enough to afford one for me! LOL) My first ride was in "Smokin' Joe" a 43' triple 900sc w/6 drives. OMG !!! So that's what I'm painting does!!!!! From then on, I painted everything with the energy and thrill I got that day at 100+mph taking 5-7' rollers like sex!
When Scarabs were discountinued, I unwound from the demands of a production/shipping deadlines. I didn't think the market was worth the investment nessesary to continue.
Through the years I've been able to help many Scarab owners with colors, advice, and stencils for paint repair. They have all been tenacious in searching me down, and hopefully by posting here, more of you can find me easily.
I set my options up to recieve instant e-mails from this site/thread.
I hope to hear from you.
Nice to see you here. I have one of your jobs in the Scarab Ribbon graphics. It has held up well although the clear is just starting to peel at the edges. Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

hi magic brush, i have one of your signature custom paints on my 1996 43' scarab. it is a gigantic american eagle red white flag trailing on the rear sides. i can't figure how to upload a pic but will see if i can get it on my profile. always a standing ovation entering/exiting marinas/restaurants. was wondering what the inspiration was. i was told it was for display at the 1996 miami boat show. do you have any recall?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Pic won't upload

Last edited by triple43scarab; 07-28-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see this is an old post. Magic brush painted my 1998 38' Scarab "P-38 (1of1). It as custom ordered to match the P-29 (29 built). I get compliments all the time. Just had $8k in touch ups done and still looks good. Thanks -mike
Old 11-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

I have a 38 Scarab at our shop I have a question about the technique you used to make an effect this boat has on it. Could you call me at my shop??? Thanks Dan 573-348-6188