Notices

Boat history report

Old 10-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat history report

Has anybody used Boat History Report .com before? Did you find it to be accurate? If it is accurate, it just saved my a$$ in a big way.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

looking at a boat I take it...what did it show?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

Accident, report says "Excessive speed/ alchohol. $250,000 in damage" it also says the boat "sank/swamp/flooded" the survey is being done this week, but I'm questioning thing now.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
Accident, report says "Excessive speed/ alchohol. $250,000 in damage" it also says the boat "sank/swamp/flooded" the survey is being done this week, but I'm questioning thing now.
I used it before I bought my boat. One boat I was looking at the owner told me had 70k in bottom work done when he hit some rocks and was covered under his insurance. It didn't show up in the report. Like Carfax its a good tool but doesn't catch all problems. Good move getting a survey, just make sure you have a good surveyor.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

I'm going to have a full survey done anyways. Owner is paying for it.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Registered

Does this make seance to anybody?
The boat history report says that the boat was in and single vessel accident and that the insurance company paid out $250,000 in damage which I would assume it damage to the vessel. Totaled? The only thing is that the title is clean. It's signed off by the original owner. It says nothing about a salvaged title. Thanks for any feed back.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Although a lot of boats have "floated to the bottom" you will end up having problems from the sinking .Any device that got wet is probably going to fail .Wiring connections are compromised .Controls cables will eventually get "sticky". Sad thing is most insurance company's don't care what will fail .They only repair what doesn't work now. Hope the boat is at a giveaway price
Old 10-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

What boat? Post the ad or a description and pictures- you'll be surprised at what the good folks on OSO may know..
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
What boat? Post the ad or a description and pictures- you'll be surprised at what the good folks on OSO may know..
I already tried that, nothing but compliments.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
Does this make seance to anybody?
The boat history report says that the boat was in and single vessel accident and that the insurance company paid out $250,000 in damage which I would assume it damage to the vessel. Totaled? The only thing is that the title is clean. It's signed off by the original owner. It says nothing about a salvaged title. Thanks for any feed back.
Salvage title is hard to get around with a car, but there are still ways around. Salvage title on a recreational vehicle is extremely rare, so having a clean title on a boat means nothing.

The laws and enforcement focus on cars, and is not so much to protect the consumer from buying a salvage as it is to protect the insurance industry and reduce auto theft. Years ago it was a big scam for people to insure cars in junk yards and call them in stolen. VIN swapping was also a big industry, people would use the title from a totaled car on a fresh stolen car. Branding them salvage now gives DMV and Law enforcement a chance to inspect the cars for theft.

I know people that have purchased salvage, previously stolen, and repo boats....they all have clean titles.