Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Future Great Lakes boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/304182-future-great-lakes-boats.html)

hogie roll 10-14-2013 12:13 PM

Future Great Lakes boats?

It seems like the great lakers swear up and down by old heavy straight bottom boats. What 90s and 2000+ boats would you replace a flat deck, KV or mistress with? It seems like all the later boats became lighter, stepped and/or padded. Are they gonna stick with old boats?

Or are they claiming these boats are best just because they can't afford something newer? Oh snap!

mickeymcclgn 10-14-2013 12:57 PM

:food-smiley-007:

mptrimshop 10-14-2013 02:21 PM

:poopoo::eekdrop:

seafordguy 10-14-2013 02:40 PM

55MTI Mega Cat................

mindog20 10-14-2013 02:57 PM

spirit of apache, no need to get a stepped bottom boat with the average day on lake Michigan is 3 to 5 and 2 feet at the mouth of Waukegan harbor

glassdave 10-14-2013 04:16 PM

I'm going back to basics, screw it! Building a 27 Sport Magnum with LSX's and Arnesons then to replace the Donzi i am going with an old school 38 Excel Scarab with NO crap in the cabin . . . no micro . . no fridge . . . no sink . . . no air . . . just a cooler and some carpet and a lot of extra tabbing and bulkheads (Jim Dietz WickedOne style :D) This water just breaks schit apart and the long and short of it is most of that stuff is useless. Not sure what out there now fill the bill,

mickeymcclgn 10-14-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 4011798)
I'm going back to basics, screw it! Building a 27 Sport Magnum with LSX's and Arnesons then to replace the Donzi i am going with an old school 38 Excel Scarab with NO crap in the cabin . . . no micro . . no fridge . . . no sink . . . no air . . . just a cooler and some carpet and a lot of extra tabbing and bulkheads (Jim Dietz WickedOne style :D) This water just breaks schit apart and the long and short of it is most of that stuff is useless. Not sure what out there now fill the bill,

No more true words spoken then right there.

hogie roll 10-14-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 4011798)

I like where your heads at. Maybe I need to learn how to glass and repair boats. I will say that a head can turn your boat into a chic magnet, especially if you have the only one in a flotilla.

Katanna 10-14-2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by korvetkeith (Post 4011812)
I like where your heads at. Maybe I need to learn how to glass and repair boats. I will say that a head can turn your boat into a chic magnet, especially if you have the only one in a flotilla.

Having the boat as a chic magnet, makes me appreciate the head.

1989mach1 10-14-2013 05:05 PM

the Donzi ZX model is a great Great Lakes boat. you can go with the 33 or the 38 both have a twin stepped all deep hull and still on the heavy side. plus they come stocked with heat air microwave cook top refrigerator full bathroom some also have generator and with the step tall I still can hit 80 with my 33