Did wife cause speeding ticket?

Notices

Did wife cause speeding ticket?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did wife cause speeding ticket?

The title is misleading, sorry. I got a speeding ticket in my Camaro this evening. Since being diagnosed with breast cancer & going through operations and starting chemo my wife has been under the weather for some time. She told me today she was feeling well enough for a date nite, COOL!!! Her niece took her shopping and I was going to meet her & go out to dinner. I guess I got a little excited cause on the way into town I got nailed for 88 in a 55. Shazbot!! The officer took my info & went back to his car, it seemed like a long time & he kept looking at me. I started thinking man I might go to jail!! How am I going to explain this to her. Well honesty is the best policy, I was truthful in saying I didn't think I was going that fast but I knew I was speeding. The officer said usually he gives breaks for a few mph but I was excessive. Oh well, He did give me a break by not saying anything about seat belts so the ticket is a couple of hundred but hopefully I can do the stop class & get it dropped. I met my wife & went to dinner & had a great evening!! To see my wife having a good time with a smile on her face was worth the ticket any day. It's been a while since she has felt like herself so I thought I would share. Thanks for reading, Randy
Old 10-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Speed tax is worth it! All the best to the both of you!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You!
Old 10-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

GF was diagnosed last summer and had a double mastectomy last fall... know exactly the path you are both going down. One last surgery scheduled this coming week. Big props to your wife for her strength in persevering..

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-19-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

We are dealing with same for my sister and Mother N Law. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both Randy. ....you as well Sydwayz.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Great to hear that your wife enjoyed her date night out with as she has gone through alot. Prayers for a full recovery and many, many, more dates nights out together.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

randy,if i had a nickel fo every ticket i got when i was younger id be rich,i hope everything turns out ok for your wife.cancer touches the lives of so many people.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story! Hell yes it was worth it......................... Cancer sucks. Lost my sister to it last year and my father-in-law was just diagnosed terminal last month. If you look at this thread, including myself, Randy, badmonkey (2) and Sydwayz, there are 5 people out of 8 posts currently dealing with this fu*cking nonsense. The good thing is that in a lot cases, its beatable and I sincerely hope thats the case for my 3 compadres. Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by iamjoe; 10-19-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: bad math
Old 10-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Great story! Hell yes it was worth it......................... Cancer sucks. Lost my sister to it last year and my father-in-law was just diagnosed terminal last month. If you look at this thread, including myself, Randy, badmonkey (2) and Sydwayz, there are 5 people out of 8 posts currently dealing with this fu*cking nonsense. The good thing is that in a lot cases, its beatable and I sincerely hope thats the case for my 3 compadres. Good luck to all of you.
My GF is a trooper. I'd have let it lick me with all she went through. Infections were worse than the cancer. She was emergency hospitalized with infections 3 times; went home with PICC lines for weeks each time--administering her own IV antibiotics 3-4 times a day. Ridiculous.

Worse... my GF's:
Best friend 1: single mastectomy a few months ago
Best friend 2: double mastectomy 18 months ago
Sister 1: lumpectomy 18 months ago
Sister 2: lumpectomy 13 years ago

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-19-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Speed tax is worth it! All the best to the both of you!
+1 Yes indeed. All the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.