Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Paging KY Lake boaters and Luv-in-it >

Paging KY Lake boaters and Luv-in-it

Notices

Paging KY Lake boaters and Luv-in-it

Old 08-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Boating Fool

Hey Bailey,

I notice you are from Henderson. Do you boat on the Ohio a lot. My cousins boat there quite a bit and if I am not at the lake I am with them. We go to the High banks a lot which is south of Damn 48. They have a purple and teal baja 342. Maybe you have seen it. I currently live in Mt. Vernon, IN.

Mama is right. Buds beach is just a bay down. You have the mouth of the quarry and Pisgah there together. The next one south is buds beach. Back on the right you can't miss it. Mama will be there in his blue and yellow AWESOME Sunsation. My dad has a red and silver cat. and then there is that one old guy. Oh yeah, boatinbill. Thats him. He might be there too in one of them there formulas.

Old 08-10-2002, 03:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BOATING FOOL

Thanks to you and MAMA TRYED for the information. Yes I do boat on the Ohio alot. I hang out most at Dam 48 or a shady beach half way between there and the high bank. I can not recall seeing the 342 of your cousins, but I am sure I have. I was just at KY Lake this past Sunday watching the drag boats and hanging in the Quarry. I was with my father in-law in his 21' Caravelle though. Hope to see you guys on the water soon.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:30 PM
brew

Hey Ky lake boaters, I have been to all these places. I have met Bud at Buds beach, watched boats burn in quarry,had the pleasure of meeting fat daddy and his pretty wife, and maybe the the guy with the cat is it a new 28 magic. I also boat in ohio river. I will be on pump out in e-ville this weekend,also go to old dam,and the high bank. Boating fool are you calling high bank across from diamond island? Fat daddy has some great pics of the party he showed me he also mentioned the dock sinking.Baja bailey im pretty sure I know where you are on ohio river does this sand bar horse shoe? I'm new on forum so it would be great to here from anyone or run me down on water i have a 288 sunsation.

Old 08-10-2002, 09:38 PM
Boating Fool

Welcome Brew!!!

It is my dad who has the new 28 Magic. It is white with red and silver flames coming from the back forward. I am currently boatless. I have a couple of PWC that I wish I had never bought. Hopefully next year I can save up enough to get some bills paid off and buy myself a boat late next year or early 2004.

You're right on the high banks. There are straight across from Diamond Island. When I am out on the river I am usually with my cousins in their forementioned 342 (can usually be seen running with Bradley's 47 fountain). They hang out there alot or at Damn 48. Usually when i am with them I am at the high banks. I could be there tomorrow. I don't know what they are doing or if I am going to get out there.

Where are you from and when you are down at the lake where do you boat from?

Old 08-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Registered

Welcome Brew

I have never seen your Sunsation or I know I would remember it, they are nice looking boats. Yes the beach I was talking about I go to besides dam 48 is close to the curve in the river when your headed towards the high bank from dam 48. I only go there when my wife and daughter go with me, it is shadey there all day. I anchor at dam 48 the most. Where do you live? I will be out Sunday on my H2X probably, I think my father in-law is going to ride with me and leave his Caravelle at home. Maybe we will all see each other. I have seen the 47 Fountain Boating Fool is talking about, but I can't remember seeing his cousins 342.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:09 PM
brew

Thanks for the welcome!

Booting fool I really enjoyed talking with your father he really likes his new boat and rightfully so. You and Baya bailey seems to both hang with the fountain,I believeI saw the boat at hooterville this spring on a visit. I live just north of Grayville IL. on hyw. 130 and trailer my boat to ohio river put in at MtVernon.dog town,and tried the plasa in e-ville last weekend. KyLAke I visit Dam lodge,moores,green turtle, ken lake and sportsman lodge. Sitting here tought it was going to rain well maybe next week.

Old 08-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Boating Fool

I had a late night last night so I did not really get out today either.

I originally am from IL. Grew up outside of New Haven and went to school at NCOE. Now live in Mt. Vernon, in an apt across from the ford dealership. So I did not fall far from home. Went to college at EIU too, and 130 was the way I went to Charleston.

Yeah, dad really likes that boat. Wishes it had a little more power(don't we all though). If the boat has 4-5 and loaded with gear, it just does not want to come up on plane(powered by 500efi with 28p 4 blade). One or two people it will shoot out of the hole. May try a 5 blade at some time. Not really worried about losing a couple of mph at the top end. I think that really is the only real gripe. It has some annoyance in it though. It is a custom boat, so we took some things for granted like on placement of items and etc. But the ride is great. I would like to get me a cat for my first boat in a couple of years, but they are out of my price range so I will be looking at probably a baja.

You can find us at Moors at the lake. Dad sold his house last year in Crossville and moved to just outside of Moors. The cat stays on a lift on A dock.

The fountain is Bradleys of Bradley trucking here in MTV. They are good friends with my cousins. So I am kinda friends or aquitances(sp?) though them. I am sure you saw at Hooterville. It has been there a lot lately.

Last edited by Boating Fool; 08-11-2002 at 05:02 PM.

Old 08-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

Default BOATING FOOL & BREW

Hey boating fool and brew, I was looking for you guys on the Ohio River today. I was out from 11 to about 4 o'clock. I went to the pump out and floated around for about an hour, then to dam 48 for a couple hours, then we cruised to high bank. Boating Fool, I am pretty sure I saw the 342 of your cousins today. It only had the driver and a women in it so I assumed you were not with them. Who has the American Offshore that comes from Mt Vernon? I dont really know Bradley, I just know the Fountain from seeing it. Sure was a great day on the river!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 11:54 PM
Boating Fool

Bailey,

Didn't make it out with them today. That was probably them. purple and teal stripes with like a z at the end. Was the AO all white with blue lettering or with green lettering. If it has blue lettering then it was Bradley. the fountain is having some problems with one motor, so they took the cat out. I saw his truck with the cat trailer down at the boat club. Not sure when I will be back out on the Ohio. I know I will be at KY Lake Labor weekend. Busy weekends this month.

Damn I wish I had my own boat!

Old 08-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Boating Fool

That is the American Offshore I was talking about. Someone else said it was Bradley's also. What engine does it have, and how fast? I may be at KY Lake Labor Day weekend too, have not decided for sure though. One thing is for sure, boating season is winding down pretty quick... Do you ever go to Ski Day on the Ohio?

Quick Reply: Paging KY Lake boaters and Luv-in-it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.