When it comes time to sell your boat >

When it comes time to sell your boat

Notices

When it comes time to sell your boat

Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Once I sell something, its theirs and they can do what the want with it. Its nice to see things I sell go to good homes, but I really don't get sentimental about toys.
Ditto, Griff! When I sell something I really don't care what happens with it, as I am on to the next one.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

It’s a double, triple, quadrupled edge sword for me. I restore old boats as a hobby /side business and there are so many sides. Like;
Buying the boat. People would rather let a boat rot away in the weeds then sell it to someone that may restore it. Or, a shell of a boat (if you are lucky) that maybe has a name you have herd of they want its weight in gold.
If I can get them to give up on something their kids will have to pay for to be hauled to the dump is when the magic happens. Do a restore and send them a picture. Got a (real in the US mail) letter from a woman whose husband sold me a boat one time. She said he carried the pictures around for weeks showing everyone he knows about it.
Selling them, another story. Being they are classics that have been restored I have been known more than one time telling someone that this may not be the boat for you. A classic boat is a classic boat and will need attention like classics boats do. It would break my heart to see something that once was great that fell to something well below that and then was resurrected just to be trashed again but that is not the reason. I’ve seen more than one person trashed online because the buyer thought they were buying a gas and go 2013 Chevy SUV instead of what they really bought (1968 Camaro). If you don’t know the difference in what it will be like own the two then this may not be the boat for you.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
It’s a double, triple, quadrupled edge sword for me. I restore old boats as a hobby /side business and there are so many sides. Like;
Buying the boat. People would rather let a boat rot away in the weeds then sell it to someone that may restore it. Or, a shell of a boat (if you are lucky) that maybe has a name you have herd of they want its weight in gold.
If I can get them to give up on something their kids will have to pay for to be hauled to the dump is when the magic happens. Do a restore and send them a picture. Got a (real in the US mail) letter from a woman whose husband sold me a boat one time. She said he carried the pictures around for weeks showing everyone he knows about it.
Selling them, another story. Being they are classics that have been restored I have been known more than one time telling someone that this may not be the boat for you. A classic boat is a classic boat and will need attention like classics boats do. It would break my heart to see something that once was great that fell to something well below that and then was resurrected just to be trashed again but that is not the reason. I’ve seen more than one person trashed online because the buyer thought they were buying a gas and go 2013 Chevy SUV instead of what they really bought (1968 Camaro). If you don’t know the difference in what it will be like own the two then this may not be the boat for you.
Very well put! I think most any performance boat isn't a gas and go too often. There's always something that needs attention and is agree the older the boat the more care is needed. I see you're in Pasadena also. Where abouts?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dena raise up!

Well technically I'm not Pasadena anymore.... but my boat's still there lol
Old 10-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kyain
Dena raise up!

Well technically I'm not Pasadena anymore.... but my boat's still there lol
I pass it almost every day, sitting there begging for a motor to be installed. Lol. Next season we will have to meet up. I put in right in the bodkin. You have an eta of when you're going to have it water ready next season?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

she's pretty at least... and I'm hoping to be ready right at the start of the season I just need to stop changing my mind... about to order a new cam but still tossing the idea around of that m3, but need to make up my mind on that before I purchase the cam... decisions decisions
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Sounds good, the motor will be out of mine by nov1 I keep holding out for one more good boating day but I don't think it's gonna happen. Then I have some small glass work I want to do, gonna change the dash/gauges again, maybe do some modifying on the rear bench, then I'll put the motor back in in march/april. It never really ends. We will have to meet up next season do some running around.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

First we don't call it the Dena, sorry. That's for newbies.
I'm next to Ft Smallwood Park.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered

I must be way trashier then you then, because everybody has called it the dena for over 30 years since I've been living there and in an around the area. Hell if you just google the dena it goes straight to pasadena, md... I was on the other side though in Riviera Beach, we must be a different breed

Last edited by Kyain; 10-25-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered

I wouldn't say trashier to anyone. I guess it's just a different crowd or I'm old or both. I spent a lot of time in Riviera Beach at the Sand Bar, Network, AL Gators, Daytonas, etc, etc (which is now a CVS). One time I ended up partying with Kix all night and also saw Crack the Sky there 30 years ago. Some of the best nights of my life. Hell I look across the river at it every day and the only place around here I can launch the race boat is at the Stony Creek Marina. RB is OK with me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.