Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Checkmate 43 Punisher Update: New Owners and Top Speed >

Checkmate 43 Punisher Update: New Owners and Top Speed

Notices

Checkmate 43 Punisher Update: New Owners and Top Speed

Old 10-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

I'd put the 43 up against any 42 fountain in the rough.. I'm talking 4-6's..not lake slop 3's
Old 10-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate283
Its a nice boat but no way I'm dropping that amount of coin on a Cmate. Quality is no where near Outerlimits, Fountain or a Cig and they dominate this size class. If your a Checkmate lover go for it but Outerlimits, Cig and Fountain have proven themselves with all their hulls in the 38-47 range for decades. It only ran 85mph with the current props! What manufacturer can sell a 400k boat without dialing it in. Sorry guys but even in the mid 90's its gonna get smoked by its competition which run 100-105mph w/ 700sci and #6's. I could buy a 39Cig or 42 fountain with 525's for less money that runs high 80's. In the 250k range you could buy any of the 3 I listed and there is no comparison in performance and quality.
Your not dropping that amount of coin because you cant afford it

Have you been on the 43 Punisher? Then how would you know what kind of quality it has!

Why are we even responding to you when you find Fountain (a nice average production boat) with Cig and OL??? So its ok for Checkmate to almost go under but Fountain DID go under.....

It runs 94 with it current props not 85. It ran 85 out of the box with the first set of TEST PROPS. We should be happy that checkmate updated us right off the bat instead of making us wait. No reason to Bash the number when the boat was and still is in the DIALING IN PROCESS.

Checkmate did not sell this boat without dialing it in, they were working in conjunction with the first owner, CK Motorports, and others. The only reason it was not at the factory getting dialed in was due to REQUEST OF THE OWNER. Customers always right!

Your correct, other boats are faster with #6 drives, this boat has NXT's. This Checkmate should run 100mph with the correct props and WILL break 100mph with #6 drives, NXT's are much slower.

A BRAVO DESTROYING 525 boat is not even close to the same comparison, especially when you have to baby the sticks in the rough.

Check your prices bud, OL and Cigs retail around 600k not 400k like the 43 Check

You can NOT buy a NEW OL, CIG, Or Fountain for 250k. Please stop posting incorrect info and check your facts. 700s and 6's cost 250k themselves!

To top it off this Checkmate 43 has STOCK 700's in FRESHWATER

NOT secret tuned up 700s like other companies with SALTWATER numbers! Plus some (not all) of these manufactures seem to RARELY pull off the numbers quoted in the articles online.

I personally have seen boats written about in articles on this site run much slower numbers in person then they article stated. Same exact boat.

I also have seen this boat run 94! On rails through any water!

Congrats to the new owners they deserve this badazz boat and the sweet deal they got!

Looking forward to boating with you 2 again next summer

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 10-24-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Your not dropping that amount of coin because you cant afford it

Have you been on the 43 Punisher? Then how would you know what kind of quality it has!

Why are we even responding to you when you find Fountain (a nice average production boat) with Cig and OL??? So its ok for Checkmate to almost go under but Fountain DID go under.....

It runs 94 with it current props not 85. It ran 85 out of the box with the first set of TEST PROPS. We should be happy that checkmate updated us right off the bat instead of making us wait. No reason to Bash the number when the boat was and still is in the DIALING IN PROCESS.

Checkmate did not sell this boat without dialing it in, they were working in conjunction with the first owner, CK Motorports, and others. The only reason it was not at the factory getting dialed in was due to REQUEST OF THE OWNER. Customers always right!

Your correct, other boats are faster with #6 drives, this boat has NXT's. This Checkmate should run 100mph with the correct props and WILL break 100mph with #6 drives, NXT's are much slower.

A BRAVO DETROYING 525 boat is not even close to the same comparison, especially when you have to baby the sticks in the rough.

Check your prices bud, OL and Cigs retail around 600k not 400k like the 43 Check

You can NOT buy a NEW OL, CIG, Or Fountain for 250k. Please stop posting incorrect info and check your facts. 700s and 6's cost 250k themselves!

To top it off this Checkmate 43 has STOCK 700's in FRESHWATER

NOT secret tuned up 700s like other companies with SALTWATER numbers! Plus some (not all) of these manufactures seem to RARELY pull off the numbers quoted in the articles online.

I personally have seen boats written about in articles on this site run much slower numbers in person then they article stated. Same exact boat.

I also have seen this boat run 94! On rails through any water!

Congrats to the new owners they deserve this badazz boat and the sweet deal they got!

Looking forward to boating with you 2 again next summer
i cant wait until this thing has the power in it that it deserves.....power for power It might not be the fastest v bottom but it will be an eye opener for sure!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Ross251
i cant wait until this thing has the power in it that it deserves.....power for power It might not be the fastest v bottom but it will be an eye opener for sure!!!!
How long will it take Bill to decide it needs TWICE as much hp
Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
How long will it take Bill to decide it needs TWICE as much hp
Probably not long....
Old 10-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Can't wait to see this boat move forward. Artie
Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Can't wait to see this boat move forward. Artie
x2
Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Twice as much hp? I figured Bill would just add another 1 in front of the 700's.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I agree its Simple math

Place a 1 in front of the 700EFI

Subtract a supercharger

Add two turbo's

minus NXT

Plus #6

Repeat

Problem Solved!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

nice ride congrats to the new owners hope to see it running around this summer!! that boat deserves the new owners and they deserve that boat!! best of luck with the ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.