Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol....it's for our MYCO that holds our Yellowfin.��
Old 03-19-2020, 08:01 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by tcwcar
It's going to be hard to get it back to the new alum. look, trailer wash at the truck stops are going to turn it white, most of that stuff is acid, the closest thing I found to get back to natural finish is SOS pads, but you got to rub in one direction, gets back to "almost" new looking alum, then I took it a step further and polished mine out.. Here's my trailer beforeAttachment 511045 and afterAttachment 511044 its the same trailer.. and boat..
Hey Joe!! This is what Mike and I started yesterday. I am headed to Home depot now to get the 0000 super fine steel wool. I think I put a little too much elbow grease in some areas.Trailer looks great. I'm definitely not going with the mirror like finish I wont be able to lift my arms after doing that. Congrats on the grand baby!!
Old 03-19-2020, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,354 Posts

His post was from 2013...............some OG's on this thread
Old 03-19-2020, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
The only thing that I found good to use was Blue magic, a sock to apply with, Towel to wipe off, and a bunch of time/18 pack..... Comes out nice. I may try at it again this year.. Luckily its the trailer under the scout. I couldn't imagine doing a 41' trailer. I would go with a buffer then...

Still polishing by hand, Only gets done once a year at best. Still wish I could figure out a buffer and material set up... I guess I have time to research now...