WarPaint hit a channel marker

Notices

WarPaint hit a channel marker

Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I trimmed one of my videos for just the start. You can see the marker before they hit it. Also, you can see how close they came to hitting Qatar 20 and why Qatar 20 started so far afterwards.

http://youtu.be/tyzkBcQ7RY8
Thanks for the video Greg. I "HEARD" that Warpaint and Qatar bumped before they hit the channel marker, and that is what caused them to hit the marker. That was obviously not the case. If they didn't hit Qatar, then where did the damage come from on the outside of the boat since they took the marker dead center in the tunnel?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Thanks for the video Greg. I "HEARD" that Warpaint and Qatar bumped before they hit the channel marker, and that is what caused them to hit the marker. That was obviously not the case. If they didn't hit Qatar, then where did the damage come from on the outside of the boat since they took the marker dead center in the tunnel?
Originally Posted by trc2
Drive was not hurt the green can exited out the right side before the drive the bottom of the boat is all tore up
Answer was in Post #59

Dave
Old 11-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
What had me scratching my head about this when I saw it happen live, was who in their right mind would define a start area with an obstacle like that right in the middle. With all the spray that is always there, especially at the start, it was a matter of time before someone hit it. IMHO this would be like putting telephone poles in the middle of a Nascar or F1 race course start line..DUH!!

Luckily someone wised up and moved the start area away from the markers as of Race 1 today (Sunday)!!

Dave
Finally someone gets it !!!!
We never saw it coming.
Would like to clear up a few comments: The boat may have looked bad, but most of the damage was cosmetic, the rest is repairable. No mechanical or structural was hurt. MTI has already looked at the boat. The seats or anything else was NOT ripped out of the boat, the drives, props and engines were perfect. We were taking on some water, so I doubt that Geico would have kept going.
The biggest disappointment, other than the damage to my wallet, was the fact we were not able to continue with the races, the boat was running strong.
Thank You to some of the comments for you concern and support. The boat is being repaired and we will be ready for the 1st. race.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache041
Finally someone gets it !!!!
We never saw it coming.
Would like to clear up a few comments: The boat may have looked bad, but most of the damage was cosmetic, the rest is repairable. No mechanical or structural was hurt. MTI has already looked at the boat. The seats or anything else was NOT ripped out of the boat, the drives, props and engines were perfect. We were taking on some water, so I doubt that Geico would have kept going.
The biggest disappointment, other than the damage to my wallet, was the fact we were not able to continue with the races, the boat was running strong.
Thank You to some of the comments for you concern and support. The boat is being repaired and we will be ready for the 1st. race.
Good for you guys.
You all came around out from the back and there it was, bam. Nothing you could do but back off and ride it out. At last the channel maker didn't look any better then the boat. By the way did you all have to pay for that?

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 11-15-2013 at 02:21 PM.