Notices

No Skaters at the top

Old 11-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Darr's----Its a 40, but he calls it a 448 since he added the bussel.

I believe that they said Miss Geico and the Qaatar unlimited boat were 44 Viking's during the KW broadcast. Never herad of them
Old 11-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

IMO the class with Geico and Quatar turbine are dumb, to make this sport reall grow those teams should just step down to Super Cat!! Just like the Cat Lite got combined... No one cares about just big and only $$ counts... Oh and BTW the Quatar super cat MTI can't even COMPETE!!! With the Skaters
Old 11-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Qatar turbine is a Mystic, Mary Mac turbine is an MTI

GEICO and the "other" Qatar boat are Victorys, CMS and Marine Concepts are MTIs, Alex and Ani is a Platinum

and props to the "Cat Killer" team for stepping up to Unlimited. Even though they are getting spanked, at least they are not riding around by themselves in their own class.

What they should do is combine the turbine and unlimited classes (2 turbines, 6 unlimiteds). Unlimited should be unlimited.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geico already proved they can run with the turbines, let them all run. this would encourage more turbines and if they are killing the class split them back up.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as in many forms of racing including NHRA, NASCAR, F1, etc. The "unlimited" classes are really just becoming "unlimited budget" classes. By definition, this will always be the case. Eventually though, when only the wealthiest competitors are left running around the courses by themselves it no longer becomes an ego stroke to win in a class of one. When that happens, and the remaining fans no longer care to watch such an event, rules will change to encourage more participants. Just look at the boat count in Super Cat.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
IMO the class with Geico and Quatar turbine are dumb, to make this sport reall grow those teams should just step down to Super Cat!! Just like the Cat Lite got combined... No one cares about just big and only $$ counts... Oh and BTW the Quatar super cat MTI can't even COMPETE!!! With the Skaters
I agree turbine class is dumb.

Unlimited class is interesting but would be more interesting if someone rich dude would build a Skater with 1650s to wipe them out.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Geico needed another couple laps and would have taken the lead. Look at what they gained in distance on the last couple of laps. MTI's ran real good. The race weds Geico checked out and had a 45sec win over second place.. Be good race come Sunday with all the teams hanging it out!

Last edited by JPD Motorsports; 11-09-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know that much about it, but isn't the Victory and MTI both derivatives of Skater. If my memory is correct, Victory was originally built by Scism in UAE after they imported Skaters for the Victory team. Then, MTI was born here and if I remember right the word was the bottom was a lightly modified pop of a Skater. So, if I have everything right, Skater is whipping azz indirectly. No?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is my understanding, except the only two other points that someone can correct me on. Are Skater has a different (lighter/stronger?) lay up, and they have since modified and improved there hull designs.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

even obvious splashes of the Skaters do not perform the same once they make enough changes to the "new" hull not to legally infringe upon Peter......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.