Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boats on trailers outside without covers. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/305188-boats-trailers-outside-without-covers.html)

MACDAD260 11-09-2013 10:23 PM

Boats on trailers outside without covers.

I can' t figure out why people do that. I saw a boat today. It was an older style offshore boat on a trailer. Nice lines. Twin engines. Older style bolster seats. Cool looking boat. Kinda retro. Snow on the ground. No cover. What's up with that?

professor_speed 11-09-2013 10:29 PM

It amazes me to see that too especially newer stuff. My uncle leaves the top off his cruiser all summer, just rains in the boat etc, "its a boat its made to get wet" Then wonders why all the vinyl starts cracking. I just don't get it.

f_inscreenname 11-10-2013 12:12 AM

When I'm in the market I look for boats like that cause you know they are f_ed up and will go for pennies on the dollar. But you also know you have to fix them.

Scagburner 11-10-2013 12:28 AM

Yea, I don’t get it either… My boat is inside unless I’m in it! I never bought into the “It’s a boat…” crap!! I guess everyone is different but boats are only to be wet on the bottom in my opinion…

HTRDLNCN 11-10-2013 01:23 AM

same people that put the boat away without flushing the engine ,cleaning the weekend gunk off and walk all over their boat in shoes... Then they wonder why our boats always look so good.

Dave M 11-10-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN (Post 4024412)
walk all over their boat in shoes.

I guess it's that time of year for the "boats and shoes" thread. Ha.......I wear MY shoes in MY boat if I want too. I fail to see where any of the boats I have owned have suffered as a result. I avoid stepping on the seats, but the floor is non-skid that easily cleans up.

pstorti 11-10-2013 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 4024467)
I guess it's that time of year for the "boats and shoes" thread. Ha.......I wear MY shoes in MY boat if I want too. I fail to see where any of the boats I have owned have suffered as a result. I avoid stepping on the seats, but the floor is non-skid that easily cleans up.

so come down to Miami store your boat at Grove Harbour Marina where I store mine and walk around the grease and diesel soot covered concrete for a few minutes and then walk all over your boat, you'll change your tune pretty quick. you must be lucky enough to keep your boat in a place where the ground is clean.

Dave M 11-10-2013 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by pstorti (Post 4024472)
so come down to Miami store your boat at Grove Harbour Marina where I store mine and walk around the grease and diesel soot covered concrete for a few minutes and then walk all over your boat, you'll change your tune pretty quick. you must be lucky enough to keep your boat in a place where the ground is clean.

Point taken. Do I take my shoes off every time I enter my house? NO. Do I take them off after walking around in an excessively dirty area? YES.

Interceptor 11-10-2013 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Scagburner (Post 4024407)
but boats are only to be wet on the bottom in my option…

There's a bunch of people that wouldn't consider leaving their boat in the water overnight !

Red Stripe 11-10-2013 03:12 PM

one of my neighbors leaves his boat uncovered outside all summer long. I don't understand it either.