Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O.K. I'm getting really pissed.  Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!! >

O.K. I'm getting really pissed. Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!!

Notices

O.K. I'm getting really pissed. Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!!

Old 08-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple solution: wait until he comes home and has his car in the driveway. Then take your truck, park RIGHT behind his car and viola....now he HAS to fix it in order to get his car back out of the driveway.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

sorry to hear about your bad luck, mike. G has the best idea. i also might start asking to borrow his car. when he gets tired of you taking it, he'll help you fix yours...LOL! oh, BTW, you should have bought the BAJAMVR!

see ya at the shootout!

jbk
Old 08-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mike,
I'll be nice.

Mark
Old 08-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Registered

he may let you take his car, but just ask him if you can borrow his tools and a little shop space. He will have that job done in 2 hours.

Looking forward to see you run the boat in a couple of weeks though. Good luck
Old 08-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clackster

..try reaching-out to "Clackster" from the board..he has a tranny shop & has been right on with his advice for me in the past.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

All experts I have talked to say it's not the tranny itself, but rather the computer. It goes into reverse o.k. But does not hold any forward gear for more than a couple of seconds. Check Engine light is on, Brake light is on, ABS warning light is on. Sounds like my computer may have taken a crap.

I just got off the phone with the guy. He is going to be home all day tomorrow and WILL get to my house before noon. I'm gonna hold him to it or I'll be pounding on his bedroom window at 11:58 a.m. standing on the trunk of BGIII's Olds (that he has graciously let me borrow). If he doesn't get up, TURF THE LAWN!!! Na, I'm not that mean. I talked to him for quite some time today and let him know how I felt (in a nice way) and he was real appologetic. My big hang up is I have NO money to get it fixed and he will do it for free. Oh, by the way this guy is a boater too. Has a 19' Warlock pickle fork with an 850 hp 110 octane burning (mixed with Toluene) 565 c.i. Chevy in it. Jet drive. Drag races it now and then. Tows it with a 2000 Black Dodge SST short box. That truck would look better in front of my Baja going down I-55 towards St. Louis in about 2 weeks!!!!!