Where to sell my Formula - Florida or LOTO >

Where to sell my Formula - Florida or LOTO

Notices

Where to sell my Formula - Florida or LOTO

Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
For sure LOTO, Ive bought 3 boats in the last 5 years and when looking I`d skip over anything in any state with salt water.
Why is that?? your current boat was in salt water before...
Old 11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GL@PBC
Having sold boats in both states I can shed some real time experience Jim. Most brokers in FL just try to get listings since they will more than likely NOT be the person who actually sells the boat. They may not know the ins and outs of a 353? They're just waiting to get their piece of the pie.

At LOTO you'll get better representation by a boater who has had seat time in a 353, sold one or more 353s, maybe even worked for the Formula dealer(hint hint), will be the person who actually sells the boat, knows some history of the boat(not PC history).

Like any broker situation it mostly boils down to working with a trustworthy company and salesman who's goal is to accurately represent what they are selling and do you a good job. It wouldn't hurt if they too owned a Fastech!
Glenn, sounds like a haul/broker deal in the works with you guys and Brian sometime after the first of the year, maybe Brian will have a empty heading North and my Formula can hitch a ride before Summer.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Joey, I'll let you know f I get something coming down. I know at some point before spring there will be at least one trip...
Old 11-14-2013, 05:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

LOTO.

Personally, I would never buy a boat from Florida.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
LOTO.

Personally, I would never buy a boat from Florida.
I agree LOTO is the better selling place but I have never understood the logic of not buying a FL boat.

As long as it's well taken care of, clean in and out, and a survey shows it was kept well I see no problems buying a salt or fresh water boat.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I agree LOTO is the better selling place but I have never understood the logic of not buying a FL boat.

As long as it's well taken care of, clean in and out, and a survey shows it was kept well I see no problems buying a salt or fresh water boat.
The few good things about my Formula it's always been a freshwater boat, is I had all the flushout stuff installed before I brought it down South and always used them and by the time it gets back to LOTO next Spring it probably wouldn't have been in the salt maybe 35-40 times and never overnight and always on my lift out back, there's lots of freshwater boats that have been dipped way more than that just bring them down South for KW and PR, so LOTO it is next Spring.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
Why isn't there a market for FasTech's at LOTO anymore? I see a lot of them at LOTO.
That statement is more true for new vs. used. Maybe Glenn at PBC can shed some light on how many of their used "go fasts" that they sell stay local vs. go out of state. I just sense less and less of that type of boat selling at LOTO. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
Why is that?? your current boat was in salt water before...

I have no idea where it came from.. you do?

New power, drives, interior, transom, etc, etc.. I`d consider that salt free boat.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I have no idea where it came from.. you do?

New power, drives, interior, transom, etc, etc.. I`d consider that salt free boat.
I think your boat was in Michigan before....Either way, the boat was pretty much gutted and redone. I would have no problem with a salt boat, IF my plans were to gut the entire boat and start over. Salt RUINS engine blocks, cylinder heads, Exhaust systems, drive cases, trim tabs, wiring, various electrical components, in short time.

A buddy of mine bought some engines out of Florida. They were absolute junk. The merc iron cylinder heads rotted right thru the exhaust port. Scrap.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0

Just my opinion... but I've seen first hand the trade-off for having a boat in "boating paradise". No matter how much you flush it and clean it, there is just no way to offset the negative effects of boating in that saltwater enviroment. You simply just can't get all of it. Granted, putting the effort in helps, but the salt just corrodes everything to a certain extent sooner or later. Plus, boating 12 months a year adds to that effect instead of having a four to eight month season "up north".....

If I had my choice, I'd buy a boat from a fresh water, short boating season place.

Last edited by OldSchool; 11-14-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.