Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Big cat owners...What did you wish you knew? >

Big cat owners...What did you wish you knew?

Notices

Big cat owners...What did you wish you knew?

Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Wow , that was a legitimate question I`ve wondered about in the past.. never seen a cat on the Michigan, Indiana, Illinois or Wisconsin side of the Lake.. sorry about the dumb question.
I have ZERO cat experience and have never been on one, thats why I asked, did not realize it was such a sensitive question.. again my apologies.

Bulletbob that Obama comment is really low and hurts

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 11-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I just think it is a matter of statistics, most lakes and rivers (other than the Hot spots, LOTO, HAVASU, S FLORIDA) Big cats are far and few between, Cost of ownership might be a factor. that may be why ICDEDPPL hasn't seen any in Lake MI. JMO.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the reality with insurance is most likely the fact cats tend to move much faster with the same or smaller power. I am fairly new to the big cat thing and have been onboard a 50ft nortech v. I have nothing bad to say about either experience but I will say in my cat I want to go faster and at 38 ft it doesnt feel less stable than the 50 footer actually quite the opposite.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by maxonmike
BTW... I goggled your so called story and came up empty....
Well I didn`t want to bring this back but here is my "so called story" : (gimbal ring broke)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-last-Friday.-

Its one of the reasons one of my friends sold his 31' American offshore (that I never got to ride on since he used it on the river) Guess I`ll ask him why he never took it on the Lake since some of the Cat guys here seems to get butt hurt so fast.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 11-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Well I didn`t want to bring this back but here is my "so called story" : (gimbal ring broke)

Its one of the reasons one of my friends sold his 31' American offshore (that I never got to ride on since he used it on the river) Guess I`ll ask him why he never took it on the Lake since some of the Cat guys here seems to get butt hurt so fast.
Awful Story.

BTW, there is a huge difference between butthurt, and being sick of people with zero real cat experience making outlandish claims about them. You wont be the last, and we will all get "butthurt" again lol
Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

Wow , that was a legitimate question I`ve wondered about in the past.. never seen a cat on the Michigan, Indiana, Illinois or Wisconsin side of the Lake.. sorry about the dumb question.
I have ZERO cat experience and have never been on one, thats why I asked, did not realize it was such a sensitive question.. again my apologies.

Bulletbob that Obama comment is really low and hurts
Dan,

War bird 50' Nortech Turbine cat used to run out of Diversy all the time. There is guy named Frank that is buddies with Hammer that runs a orange MTI with 700's out of Diversy, I think it's a 40'. There's also a few smaller cats that run on the Indiana side of the pond. I think the reason we don't see many Cats on the big lake is there exclusivity. In general, there is NO where near the cool hardware on the side of the big pond where we boat. I have seen more cool boats after living in LOTO for 3 weeks than I ever have seen on Lake Michigan, excluding when there was a Chicago Poker Run. Keep in mind that its FALL hear. You need to brag that Ciggy down here this summer and do some boating

my .02

AJ
Old 11-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ate about 3 lbs of peanuts the other night, next morning and after 3rd health craps my "butthurt"....is that the same?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

You can really notice when the snow starts flying, people really start getting punchy on here
Old 11-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

I road with Joey B on his old 31' AO on the lake with, I have also ridden on a 33' Eliminator Daytona on the lake at 138. I have also been 118 in a 24' HTM on a small inland lake.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

dan,i sold my cat because i knew mike bedaker and after him and his wife died i did not feel safe in a 130 mph cat with bravo style drives.im not going to argue with anyone that sais a cat can loose a drive or an engine and it will go straight.until i can afford a cat with a #6 OR ARNESON DRIVE il stick with my #6 drive fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.