What kind of boat is this? >

What kind of boat is this?

Notices

What kind of boat is this?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not quite sure what an Outergarette is, but I agree with you anyway. Probably 20 -30 years ago their was a "copy" 28' Cigarette mold bouncing around Long Island. Quite a few boats came out of that, all the ones I know of were set up with twin outboards, but anyway, the profile looks exactly the same ( I'm going by memory and that's not always a good thing )
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is awesome. I really am laughing out loud.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a Mirage. Somebody should be shot!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct----29 Mirage previously named Guess Who....among other later names. The oval decal used to have 1000 HP inside. I knew the boat and owner in the early 90's when it was nice. It was sold a few years later and was not used much.. It then became a Katrina victim and stayed under for some time....that's why it is in such bad shape. Then, to add insult to injury, someone took a 4" grinder to the bottom and the lifting strakes to remove all the barnacles It will now be a huge task to get it right.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CignificantOther
Correct----29 Mirage previously named Guess Who....among other later names. The oval decal used to have 1000 HP inside. I knew the boat and owner in the early 90's when it was nice. It was sold a few years later and was not used much.. It then became a Katrina victim and stayed under for some time....that's why it is in such bad shape. Then, to add insult to injury, someone took a 4" grinder to the bottom and the lifting strakes to remove all the barnacles It will now be a huge task to get it right.
Well that sucks... since I live in Slidell, I was fortunate not to have any boat or any other damage after Katrina. Your new boat looks good, when we met (you gave me a sample of some stain remover you made), you still had the 38! take care, Richie