Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Will these LED's (underwater) be enough? >

Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?

Notices

Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?

Old 12-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?

Looking for an x-mas present, so budget is a concern. Found the below that would be in my price range. I would be purchasing two units for a smaller (30 ft) boat to be place below the water line on the transom. Just not sure the 4 LED model would do the job, and the 6 is starting to get out of my budget (if I spend $700 on this person I have to spend 700 on everyone!! ). Any feedback or other options are appreciated. Super slammed at the office, but will be checking back when I can.

http://www.diamondperformanceparts.c...cat=334&page=1

Anyone know how many LED's the below boat/Kryoptonite has (4, 6 or 10)?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o44371-en.html
Old 12-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i have never been a fan of putting holes in any boat below the water line... if you gave me a set i would never install them...rm
Old 12-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Looking for an x-mas present, so budget is a concern. Found the below that would be in my price range. I would be purchasing two units for a smaller (30 ft) boat to be place below the water line on the transom. Just not sure the 4 LED model would do the job, and the 6 is starting to get out of my budget (if I spend $700 on this person I have to spend 700 on everyone!! ). Any feedback or other options are appreciated. Super slammed at the office, but will be checking back when I can.

http://www.diamondperformanceparts.c...cat=334&page=1

Anyone know how many LED's the below boat/Kryoptonite has (4, 6 or 10)?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o44371-en.html
Given the choice bigger is better, but if you have a budget then something is better than nothing. Shadow casters are good lights, the second link has the SCM-10's. Is it a single or twin engine boat? if it is twin buy one SCM-10 for the center and they can always add more later.

My boat has 10 holes below the waterline between water intakes, exhaust, lights, gimbals, ect and it still floats.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Kryptonite is my friends I'll ask him. But I'm pretty sure there the big$ ones. And out of the water there the brightest dam lights I ever seen. He blinded me for 10 min one night,bastard lol
Old 12-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

How easy are these to install? The hole dont bother me as I don't even think they get all the way through (but I could be wrong).

I am looking hard at a set for my twin engine sonic but am clueless on this subjuect.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
i have never been a fan of putting holes in any boat below the water line... if you gave me a set i would never install them...rm
If you happen to get a set for christmas-you can forward them on to me.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's going to be a twin o/b boat, so I'm thinking they would have to put a light on each side of the transom as the motors are mounted close together.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell the Lumitec SeaBlazeX. Awesome light for the price. Much brighter than the Ocean LED and about half the price. We have two on the transom of our 30' outboard and love it. Here is the link. We sell them at our location here in FL if you are interested. http://www.lumiteclighting.com/catal...ights/seablaze
Old 12-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The big ShadowCasters are worth the price. They are very nice units.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I am very happy with my OceanLED lights.

These are the A6 lights.
Attached Thumbnails Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-img_3602.jpg   Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-img_3724.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.