Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why? >

What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why?

Notices

What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Narrow down the scope a bit, MAYBE (yet extremely unlikely) this could be a meaningful discussion.[/QUOTE]

Ok since I own a 35 ZR I'll start the discussion in this range say 30 to 40 feet.
What boat in this range has current speed record and have other boats had that same horsepower?
What features of that boats hull design make it better than others? We can all expand on this and I would like to learn something so if comments are just to bash go to the cig vs fountain thread lol.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

It seems like there is always a- brand x vs Fountain debate! Lol... What's the constant there?! Seems like to be the best you have to go up against the best!! People will laugh at this statement, but hey I don't make the stats, and the proof is in the pudding, no denying that.

I remember when the Donzi 38ZR 1st came out! It was and still is one great and very Fast boat!!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not rode in one yet........ But I'm starting to think for there speed with stock merc power/ ride/ and cabin comforts. I'm going to say in my eyes the AT 37 may be the perfect boat. I would not hesitate to run it on the river close to my home and I be leave it has proven itself in the open ocean. I don't know the cost of a brand new one but I am willing to bet they are very comparative with cig/OL. As I stated I have not rode in one this is all on things I have read and heard from folks that own them. So....... Who is taking me for a ride in there 37..........
Old 12-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

IMHO, the best boat being built right now is the Chief 42 Warrior.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Lots of the go fast V builders are putting there money into CCs. So with that I am out on this topic
Old 12-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

The 43 ZR is one of the smoothest boats I've ever been in. While I'm partial to Donzi even though they haven't done much of anything in recent years, right now I don't think anyone is coming close to Outerlimits. I've ridden in a 43 SV and it was a sweet ride. Would love to ride in a 50 or 52 sometime
Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
The 43 ZR is one of the smoothest boats I've ever been in. While I'm partial to Donzi even though they haven't done much of anything in recent years, right now I don't think anyone is coming close to Outerlimits. I've ridden in a 43 SV and it was a sweet ride. Would love to ride in a 50 or 52 sometime
Have the extra steps in OL hull shown improvement in speed or handling compared to Fountain Donzi Cig hulls that have less steps. I have tried to find article on hull design but not finding anything good. If anyone has good article to read post it here or link to it. Thanks
Old 12-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Have the extra steps in OL hull shown improvement in speed or handling compared to Fountain Donzi Cig hulls that have less steps. I have tried to find article on hull design but not finding anything good. If anyone has good article to read post it here or link to it. Thanks
Hard to say, I was not driving it and we were running over 130mph. Was only in it for half hour so hard to compare accurately especially since our Donzi will run 115-120 and the OL much faster with equal power. Also they are two completely different boats. The SV is a canopy sit down boat that weighs 9,000 lbs vs a standup boat that weighs 13,000 lbs
Old 12-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually did this comparison in 2010. Toured factories of many of the manufactures you mentioned. In the end we bought the Cigarette. Factory tour, attention to detail and longevity were deciding factors. With the exception of Outerlimits there's not that much difference in speed with comparable power.

Final X factor; who's gonna be in business when to go to sell it...

Last edited by 39 Unlimited; 12-07-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Best V bottom built today: OL for go fast, Nortech for CC.......if money was no object

*the guy that would get my money for a reasonably priced v bottom would be Pat/Active Thunder!

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 12-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.