PowerQuest factory auction! >

PowerQuest factory auction!

Notices

PowerQuest factory auction!

Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerQuest factory auction!

PowerQuest factory auction. they are auctioning off 525's & boats. Go to auction.orbitbid.com/home.cfm
Old 12-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Glassdave should be checking this out. He has been looking for a 38 Scarab to re-do. Maybe he should finish a 38 Powerquest?

47 Apache in their as well. Looks like part of the deck was removed?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to buy those 525’s for well over a year. They got pulled from the original failed attempt of the PQ auction due to “ownership issues”… I’ve made contact several times since with my last offer being $45k. I didn’t need engines, just wanted a little more power in my 32’er. I was told they didn’t want to “fire sale” them and felt they were worth “list price”. I don’t agree with that since list price on 2007 or 2008 525’s is a different story than list price on new 2013 or 2014 525’s with warranty! Secondly, I’m sure PQ didn’t pay list, they paid manufacture’s price on the packages – not sure what that was in 2007 but I have a real good idea what it is today…

As more time passes, I would really struggle buying them sight unseen. If I was still in the market, I would plan on a good visual inspection including scoping the bores. Who knows the conditions of the storage facility??

I’m out of the market since I bought a boat w/525’s but I hope someone can get a good deal here.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner
I tried to buy those 525’s for well over a year. They got pulled from the original failed attempt of the PQ auction due to “ownership issues”… I’ve made contact several times since with my last offer being $45k. I didn’t need engines, just wanted a little more power in my 32’er. I was told they didn’t want to “fire sale” them and felt they were worth “list price”. I don’t agree with that since list price on 2007 or 2008 525’s is a different story than list price on new 2013 or 2014 525’s with warranty! Secondly, I’m sure PQ didn’t pay list, they paid manufacture’s price on the packages – not sure what that was in 2007 but I have a real good idea what it is today…

As more time passes, I would really struggle buying them sight unseen. If I was still in the market, I would plan on a good visual inspection including scoping the bores. Who knows the conditions of the storage facility??

I’m out of the market since I bought a boat w/525’s but I hope someone can get a good deal here.
Yep we had the same thing happen when trying to buy them
Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the bank will pull them again if they dont get whay they want for them..i have seen it a bunch of times at many auctions..it ends up turning into a pissing match with the bank..
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This auction was on FB also. Sounds like everything in the auction has ownership issues if the info was correct. If the bank wants list price how can they call it an auction? Just saying. Randy
Old 12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
and the bank will pull them again if they dont get whay they want for them..i have seen it a bunch of times at many auctions..it ends up turning into a pissing match with the bank..
Yep! I don't get it... They're a bank - they like money. We're boaters - we like engines! Why they would want to sit on a set of engines for years is beyond me.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scagburner
Yep! I don't get it... They're a bank - they like money. We're boaters - we like engines! Why they would want to sit on a set of engines for years is beyond me.
Yea, they don't see use sitting on bags of money