Notices

would you pay?????

Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Because of his location I think some of us "think" we know who the OP is talking about. If it is him then he hardly ever posts but is a VERY, VERY respected builder by me and most of the good guys in the business. That is why I asked the questions I did.By the OP avoiding answering those questions it makes it even more apparent that we might be right. If that is the case I am sure that there is MORE to this story than the 1 side we got here. I had this same thing done to me on OSO a few years ago over a transom repair that the customer was just way out of line on his expectations and came on here to voice his frustration but I shut him down as soon as it was brought to my attention. In that case all the OSO members read between the lines and he went away very quickly. Had I not defended myself I am sure it would have been a feeding frenzy...."sue him"....."wouldn't go there again".... "thanks for the heads up" BS that we see all the time on OSO.

NOT ALL CUSTOMER ARE GOOD HONEST PEOPLE...I have at least 3 on this site that are not allowed in my shop. I recently had to file a PPO, criminal charges and a law suit for monies owed against 1 of them after 2 years of promises on a large amount of $$$. I won without going to court but now I have to live with him as a neighbor and an ex-customer that does everything he can to discredit me when he was and continues to be the problem.

I am not saying the OP is lying just that I don't feel we have all the facts.....yet
what questions didn't I answer?

this really isn't about anyones reputation or quality of work. its about no work being done for three months.

if you don't have time to get the job done then don't accept the job. don't waste my time either.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by motor
I think op may have stepped on some toes when he started telling the builder he wanted to shop for his other pieces .I think he should have just asked the builder take em apart and tell me how much with x heads ,cam etc .Instead he basically told builder he was going shopping. To the op, at this point get your stuff and if you are really an engine builder it is now apart .Inspect it and proceed on a different route JMO .
NO, I never said I was going to buy parts and bring them to him. I was just going to pace the build out over the fall-spring.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
I think this thread has run its course, but before its put to bed I wanted to comment on something. It seems to happen a lot on here, and it kind of bothers me. I quoted the OP's first comments, because I think a lot of responders either didn't read the thread from the beginning or did not READ the comments.

I know this is only one side of the story and I'm trying to be impartial but here is what I take from the posts above. First, I see no mention of him hiring the builder to build complete engines using his parts. He clearly states he took the short blocks there to asses what they may need as far as parts and machine work. That does not imply building engines in my opinion, I may be wrong but that is what the post says. This seems like a pretty straight forward request at any engine/machine shop. He then clearly states he stopped or called a couple times over several months, before the episode at hand. Like I said before, this is only his side but it is stated pretty clear. He then says that after waiting 3+ months he went to check on them again and when the work was still not complete and some negative comments traded he asked for his stuff back.

Now here is my OPINION, if I took some short blocks to my machine shop to have them assessed and after 3 months they were not done I would be angry.

It just amazes me how much conjecture is thrown around in this thread an others. Carry on.......
this sums it up.^^^^^^
Old 12-15-2013, 10:31 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I think I might have cracked this mystery!

LOL
Old 12-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

He said West Michigan well known engine builder. So I think that rules out crockett
Old 12-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Yeah not Tyler but it still was funnnnny chit!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Doesn't leave a whole bunch of options.

Dave at Wesco?

Ben at Precision?

Performance Engineering?

Who am I missing?
Old 12-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Doesn't leave a whole bunch of options.

Dave at Wesco?

Ben at Precision?

Performance Engineering?

Who am I missing?
ted at rpm

more power

baker enginerring

the purpose of this question was to ask if the charge is reasonable.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 395 Likes on 159 Posts

Naming the builder here may just make matters worse at this time no . Beware the toes you step on because they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss someday . Let things cool down then talk if possible and leave with your goods .
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
Naming the builder here may just make matters worse at this time no . Beware the toes you step on because they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss someday . Let things cool down then talk if possible and leave with your goods .69
I haven't named them or have plans to do so.

I have no doubt they do quality work, that's why I brought them there. the problem is I was told they would check them out and let me know what I needed and despite assurances that they would get right on them they are now buried in a corner collecting dust.

it was important to me to get the ball rolling so to speak and now ive wasted valuable time. anyone here would feel the same way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.