Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What poker runs did you attend in 2013, your favorite and why >

What poker runs did you attend in 2013, your favorite and why

Notices

What poker runs did you attend in 2013, your favorite and why

Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

We did the Miami Boat Show Run, Boyne Thunder and finish the year at our home lake with the Cumberland Run. I've done the boat show run several times and It's always a great run. Boyne is the highlight of our summer and this will be our fourth year in a row. I'm not sure what's going to happen at Cumberland this year. State Dock is our dock during the summer so we will be there regardless but I hope they continue the run.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
I only did the Buffalo Run in 2013. I would highly recommend it. 102 registered boats, everything went smooth, no hassles. Marina, launch and restaurant all in the same place. Cabs to run you downtown for after party. Security guard for the trucks and trailers. Most importantly, great people, and food. Reasonable $$, and you get 2 dinners out of it, and a helo for pics. The mist in pic#3 is Niagra Falls.

Great run, will be there 2014 plus going to try real hard to do Key West. And I had no idea that that we were that close to the falls. lol
Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Norfolk run info will be listed at www.mapacharity.org

Right now the info is from last year. Our first meeting is next month and info will slowly start to get on the site. The dates are likely to be the last weekend in June.
Those of you who have not yet attended - you really need to check us out it WILL be at the top of your MUST DO list.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 12-17-2013, 05:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
We did the Miami Boat Show Run, Boyne Thunder and finish the year at our home lake with the Cumberland Run. I've done the boat show run several times and It's always a great run. Boyne is the highlight of our summer and this will be our fourth year in a row. I'm not sure what's going to happen at Cumberland this year. State Dock is our dock during the summer so we will be there regardless but I hope they continue the run.
Mike, I've been working with some of the folks from Lake Cumberland on promo matls for next year's event, so I would GUESS it's a go.
My other GUESS is that if the run was cancelled, there would have been an OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT long ago.

So, if anyone has heard anything other than idle speculation on the intertoobz, please post it.

Managed to make it to a couple dozen events this year- approx 150 total over the last seven consecutive years.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Mike, I've been working with some of the folks from Lake Cumberland on promo matls for next year's event, so I would GUESS it's a go.
My other GUESS is that if the run was cancelled, there would have been an OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT long ago.

So, if anyone has heard anything other than idle speculation on the intertoobz, please post it.

Managed to make it to a couple dozen events this year- approx 150 total over the last seven consecutive years.

Jay of the smaller runs, and by smaller I am referring to boat count, that you cover, which ones would consider to be diamonds in the rough?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

With no boat last year I only made it to...

Tampa - FPC
LOTO

I did not ride along in any, just drove to stops to enjoy the show.

Now that we have the boat.....so far

New Years Fun run
Tampa - FPC
Some FMO runs
LOTO
Destin
Jax - if they have it
Old 12-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Only did Support Our Troop PR at LOTO and Boyne Thunder this year....gotta say Boyne is probably the best one I've ever done, with Tickfaw and the old Chicago Poker Run neck and neck for second.

2014 I will be AT Desert Storm (first time to Havi and Vegas) with my thumb out and a sign that says "Have Gas Money"
Also planning on hitting Emerald Coast and possibly the Shootout Fun Run.