Notices

Lost my pup today

Old 07-17-2019, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Sorry to hear abt your loss bro. I've had to do the same thing a few times over the years. It never gets any easier. What does help is to adopt a new puppy.. It doesn't take away all the pain but it definitely helps a lot.

We have 2 awesome large dogs (from same litter) pushing 14 years old and our daughter is younger than them, so she has always had them around. Just the thought of her loosing her only "brothers" is weighing heavy on me already. Anyway, when the inevitable happens, our plan is to pick up 2 puppies ASAP.

One thing I've always found to be true is that people that really love their animals are good people to be around.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

There is nothing that compares with the unconditional love of a dog. I have had 3 Newfoundland’s, ( Budweiser, Bud Light, and Max), 2 Labs (Magnum and Snapper), and a rescue that someone threw over my fenced backyard (Jackpot). She was a tiny puppy that weighed 5 pounds. My time with all of them was a joy that can’t be duplicated, I spent countless hours with all of them and they helped me solve many problems. Bud Light and Magnum loved to boat ride. They never told me to slow down and were always were ready to go. I still have Jackpot and Snapper but they, like me, are getting old. Every time I come home, their exuberant greeting makes you feel great regardless of what happened that day.

I know that you miss your pup It’s hard to explain how much a dog can mean to you and some people will never understand the bond between you and your dog. In time, you will look back and grin when you think of all the fun you had with her. A Dog is truly man’s best friend.. And that makes the whole thing so worth it.q
Old 07-18-2019, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ar300johnson
There is nothing that compares with the unconditional love of a dog. I have had 3 Newfoundland’s, ( Budweiser, Bud Light, and Max), 2 Labs (Magnum and Snapper), and a rescue that someone threw over my fenced backyard (Jackpot). She was a tiny puppy that weighed 5 pounds. My time with all of them was a joy that can’t be duplicated, I spent countless hours with all of them and they helped me solve many problems. Bud Light and Magnum loved to boat ride. They never told me to slow down and were always were ready to go. I still have Jackpot and Snapper but they, like me, are getting old. Every time I come home, their exuberant greeting makes you feel great regardless of what happened that day.

I know that you miss your pup It’s hard to explain how much a dog can mean to you and some people will never understand the bond between you and your dog. In time, you will look back and grin when you think of all the fun you had with her. A Dog is truly man’s best friend.. And that makes the whole thing so worth it.q
Well said sir.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

One thing I've always found to be true is that people that really love their animals are good people to be around.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

This month is 5 years since we lost our Golden. Our son is an only child and we got Molly when he was 8 and she passed when he was 21 so pretty much all his memories to that point included his best buddy. I had many, many dogs growing up so I thought when the inevitable came I would be the stoic one and be able to handle it no problem. Boy was I wrong. It affected my son so much he developed an ulcer, lost 20 lbs., and I kid you not lost most of his hair which never came back so he just shaves his head now (had a full, thick set of hair prior). Anyway, sorry for all of your loses. With my son out of the house now and my wife and I traveling so much we haven't gotten another dog yet as it wouldn't be fair to the dog being boarded all the time. When I retire in 3 years rest assured I'll have another best buddy in the house.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
One thing I've always found to be true is that people that really love their animals are good people to be around.

Could not agree more.
[/QUOTE]

x1000

I still have my pit bull (Jerzee, another one from a shelter)...she isnt doing well with it either since she has never been the only dog....but she has started eating/drinking regularly again....and getting off the back porch by herself.

I agree a puppy can and would help. But, Im going to try to stick with one dog for awhile. However, animals always seem to find me.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

It was my turn today. My best buddy succumbed to spleen cancer just before noon today. He was a malamute mix and almost 14 years old. Vet diagnosed him with spleen cancer yesterday. Apparently the cantaloupe sized tumor burst after we got home. We stayed up with him all night. Ahh, just rips your heart out.

Senior Lobo Joe

Young Lobo Joe
Old 10-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The worst...Sorry for your loss.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

So sorry for your loss and just remember all of the joy he brought you for those 14 yrs.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man, terrible day and I know how it feels. The rainbow bridge stuff is nice to hear but what I really like is how animals are all over heaven in the Bible. Lions laying with lambs, Jesus on a white horse, doves, etc...you’ll see your buddy again one day for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.