Image of the Week: Walking In a Saris Wonderland

Notices

Image of the Week: Walking In a Saris Wonderland

Old 12-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default Image of the Week: Walking In a Saris Wonderland

December's version of an offshore raceboat totally immersed in "water," http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ris-wonderland.

W
Old 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

Thank you Tim Sharkey and Speed on the Water!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope its winterized...
Old 12-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Rut roh!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm glad you laid the mast down the center under the shrink wrap so it sheds snow.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Whats that white stuff??

Think Spring!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I'm glad you laid the mast down the center under the shrink wrap so it sheds snow.
Nothing worse than having to fix a hole in February
Gary were coming to live with you in Fla!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Gary were coming to live with you in Fla!!
You might not like it down here. I had to wear a long sleeve shirt for my morning jog ; )

On shrink wrapping boats....
On my first cruiser (in Ohio) I couldn't wrap my head around the cost of shrink wrap and then throwing it in the trash 6 months later.
Instead I spent a weekend on the boat (while dry docked and cold) w/a couple of huge Walmart tarps,a load of 2 x 4's and my miter saw. After 2 days of work I was satisfied w/what I had and started the 2 hr trip home.
A couple months later a buddy was working in the area and stopped to check on the boat. The marina decided to teach me a lesson (being a vocal smart ass about wasting money on shrink wrap) and stored it on the end of their peninsula where the the first thing the Lake Erie winter wind hit, was my boat.
So my buddy calls from his truck to tell me that the tarp shredded, destroyed the 2 x 4 framing, the drywall screws holding it all together had broken, trashing the paint as the wind swung the mess from side to side!
On the forward section, that mess wrapped itself around the bow rail, destroying it and ripping it off the front of the boat!
It was hanging over the gunnel, the shredded tarp acting as a sail in the wind and tearing up the paint on the hull.

Yes, I tend to learn things the hard way
Old 12-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

leaned my lesson one winter too, then I learned how to shrink-wrap.

Note: do not tow your boat any significant distance while shrink-wrapped, will damage paint. There are tape that must be applied on the boat first before the shrink-wrap is applied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4H32ZtXGL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCaUMG-1Q5I

http://mrshrinkwrap.com

Last edited by noli; 12-17-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
You might not like it down here. I had to wear a long sleeve shirt for my morning jog ; )

On shrink wrapping boats....
On my first cruiser (in Ohio) I couldn't wrap my head around the cost of shrink wrap and then throwing it in the trash 6 months later.
Instead I spent a weekend on the boat (while dry docked and cold) w/a couple of huge Walmart tarps,a load of 2 x 4's and my miter saw. After 2 days of work I was satisfied w/what I had and started the 2 hr trip home.
A couple months later a buddy was working in the area and stopped to check on the boat. The marina decided to teach me a lesson (being a vocal smart ass about wasting money on shrink wrap) and stored it on the end of their peninsula where the the first thing the Lake Erie winter wind hit, was my boat.
So my buddy calls from his truck to tell me that the tarp shredded, destroyed the 2 x 4 framing, the drywall screws holding it all together had broken, trashing the paint as the wind swung the mess from side to side!
On the forward section, that mess wrapped itself around the bow rail, destroying it and ripping it off the front of the boat!
It was hanging over the gunnel, the shredded tarp acting as a sail in the wind and tearing up the paint on the hull.

Yes, I tend to learn things the hard way
You sound like the handful of customers we have who want to shrink it them selves.......then wonder why the frame collapses lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.