Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
what is the best FLAT bottom boat on the market ? >

what is the best FLAT bottom boat on the market ?

Notices

what is the best FLAT bottom boat on the market ?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

All wave crushers for sure!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Depends if the its just mamma and papa duck your good, or if they have they have the whole family out for the day, you better trim down.
Attached Thumbnails what is the best FLAT bottom boat on the market ?-ducks.gif  
Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
i would just leave it alone! you take that old of a boatand start throwing more hp at it and your going to end up exploading that boat like a member did here not too long ago..R.I.P. high life!
Dude I didn't know that happened to High Life. Sad.
It's not that I want to go top end fast but I just love the take off. Not that I do it to often because its rough on the parts but the boat will launch like a scolded dog. No slamming the throttles either just push them forward steady until you are scared. lol. But I bet overall your Donzi is faster then the Biese is now and I know how big a 18 is now that I have one. Donzi's are tiny. I bet the Biese is wider and has a much bigger foot print. So it shouldn't be to bad.

If you haven't done it, it's not that bad. My 13 year old daughter and 12 year old son will drop anything to do it but like I said in another thread the wife will only let one go at a time just in case .... lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN0QsxKKywI&feature=youtu.be I cant wait for spring. Building this motor now. Have reworked props sitting on the bench. It should be fun.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Got that coved also.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Dude I didn't know that happened to High Life. Sad.
It's not that I want to go top end fast but I just love the take off. Not that I do it to often because its rough on the parts but the boat will launch like a scolded dog. No slamming the throttles either just push them forward steady until you are scared. lol. But I bet overall your Donzi is faster then the Biese is now and I know how big a 18 is now that I have one. Donzi's are tiny. I bet the Biese is wider and has a much bigger foot print. So it shouldn't be to bad.

If you haven't done it, it's not that bad. My 13 year old daughter and 12 year old son will drop anything to do it but like I said in another thread the wife will only let one go at a time just in case .... lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN0QsxKKywI&feature=youtu.be I cant wait for spring. Building this motor now. Have reworked props sitting on the bench. It should be fun.
ok here it goes,,i saw your biez when you brought it home,,looked really bad..unless your going to go from top to bottom with 2 layers of 1708 and vinylester resin i would just leave it alone..that thing sat outside for years and think about how many times the fiberglass got wer inside and froze,,thats where it gets tricky....it starts to seperate internally and you come off a wave wron and thats it..you will be suprised how the 18 donzi accelerates with a 163 drive and that 482 will really make it shine..do yourself a favor..start looking for a bravo set up for the donzi..trust me on this one..the volvo stuff is just too loose steering wise..i going to bravo and a lsx 454R slightly detuned..

i hate bring stuff like this up but read this.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...fe-killed.html

Last edited by FIXX; 12-18-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

I cant believe no one has said FOUNTAIN is the boat with the flattest bottom.....or i mean best flat bottom boat