POST OF THE YEAR FINALS-- Last day !! >

POST OF THE YEAR FINALS-- Last day !!

Notices

POST OF THE YEAR FINALS-- Last day !!

Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default POST OF THE YEAR FINALS-- Last day !!

The POTY thread has been closed and the top 3 vote getters will be placed here. Each will get a post.

If you think the post should win click LIKE in the lower right corner of the post in blue. The one with the most likes at11:59pm tonight, 12/31, will be the winner.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Nomination # 1 posted by Smarty on behalf of 12meter joe:

Originally Posted by Smarty
I nominate 12meter joe for his post in the http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post4007546 thread on page 47, which he wrote:

"That's crazy, I had almost the same thing happen to me. I was out cruising around (picking on cats) with my skanks, my shorts at ankle height, when I see a boat in the distance heading in my direction, so I slow down and crack a cold one. This boat finally gets close and I notice there is a #1 on the side, I said oh cool there's a race going on, so I dropped the anchor and waited for the rest of the field. After waiting about 45 minutes and no other boats came by I wanted to know what that was all about. I pulled the anchor and throttled up to about 3800, 35 seconds later we pulled along side the boat with 6 dudes and #1 on the side and realized it was a cigarette. So I killed one engine and slowed down (he was already going slow) and asked what's the deal with the #1? He said hold on and I'll show you. I was like umm ok, so he slams the throttles down, and slowly takes off. I tell my skanks to get off their knees, pull up my shorts, and ease the throttle forward, as I pull along side I fired the other engine and leave him safely behind thinking to myself I wonder what he was gonna show me? Oh well, guess I will never know." by 12meter joe.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Nomination #2 submitted by 4mula fastech on behalf of ICDEDPPL

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Rarely does a post make me lol, but this one did. Backstory: This was in the thread titled 'How 'bout a little less negativity' and was poking a little fun at 314Joey. If you have been reading any posts regarding cold weather and Florida, you'll get it.

Post by ICDEDPPL:
314Joey I wrote it for you so you didn`t have to buddy!!
I know why there is so much negativity here in the winter, it`s cause you guys don`t live in Florida the greatest state in the Union, you could be boating right now! Let me post a few pics of me boating, did I mention you can go boating tomorrow if you lived in Florida, here`s some more pics of my boat in the water In Florida , where its warm while the rest of the states are Antartica.
Wanna see me working on my pool pump in Florida where its warm this time of year, I`ll post our 5 day forecast just to show you guys its warm here in Florida,
You know why you`re so negative? Cause I`m fixing my pool pump and going boating later and you`re all mad cause your FU^%$#ing pool is FROZEN and your pool pump EXPLODED!!!
Not me I live in Florida where its warm and after I fix this pump.. it I`m going boating!! Did I mention I~m going boating??
I`ll post a pic incase you didn`t understand that I went boating.
Not you thou, your lake is a Frozen ANTARTICA $hithole! If all of OSO just lived in Florida, (where its warm ) there would be peace and happiness in the world and no negativity!!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Nomination #3 submitted by ICDEDPPL on behalf of MILD THUNDER

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Even thou its my competition and hes ripping on my boat I have to throw this one in the mix as a last minute entry From Mild Thunder
This Fountain VS Cigarette debate has been going on for decades. Its really simple how it all started.

MANY many years ago, before all the Cigarette owners crammed 1200HP a side in their boats trying to break 80mph, they all had 454's with TRS drives, and their dicks spurted everytime their boat crested the 55mph mark. They had the best of the best. They paid the most, so it had to be the best.

Then, around the time Madonna was on the top of the Charts, and everyone on earth wanted to suck off Don Johnson, a Former Raceboat driver who Shall go unnamed, started putting pleasure boats on the market. What? This cant be? WHO is this guy? And why are his boats popping up all over?

So many times, Mr. Swinging Dick and his Cigarette with his #1 decals, #1 shirt, #1 hat, , was out trying to get a handie from a chick he just picked up at the local jazz club. Running his boat labeled #1, some dude comes blowing past him off the coast, in a boat with "12 METER" written down the side. How can that be he thought? That guy must have some gigantic engines in it? Later that evening, he pulls back into the jazz club dock, wanking his own flute, and see's this "12 METER" boat. Only to find out, this 12 meter has quite a bit less power than his #1, and he paid quite a bit less for it!

Well, needless to say, it was a bad night for this guy. Not only did he end up giving himself a Handie because his chic ran off with the Fountain owner, but now the boat he just overpaid for, believing all that #1 World Champion malarkey, just wasn't number 1 in town any longer. After taking his frustrations out on the Mexican Bus Boy in the lavatory stall, he just had to tell the world a few things. Like, "those Fountain boats are built like ****. Those Fountain boats ride like a 18FT Sea Nymph. Those Fountain boats are pieces of Junk. ".

And here we are, 30 years later, and the same guys are still wanking their own flutes, drinking the #1 Kool Aid. Check the date on that #1 World Champion logo on the side of your boat, because its EXPIRED mother fuker.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Keep the votes coming !!!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

do we get to vote multiple times like we do in illinois?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I noticed that you can still click on the "Like" and it registers even though the thread is closed.

Totals @ 11:59 Pacific Time

Nomination #1 = 15 Likes
Nomination #2 = 10 Likes
Nomination #3 = 24 Likes

Congrats to all who participated. All the posts were hilarious.