Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees! >

Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Notices

Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Old 08-13-2002, 12:00 AM
42 SS

Candyman,

Dan we will be down in Chicago Saturday with several other boats maybe we could hook up. Yes my wife and I love the way our 42 sonic handles the rough water and actually we just purchased this boat a month ago. This is our second Sonic the one prior to this was a black 31 called"Nasty Habit" which we had for 9 years, in fact he will be running with us on Satuday.
The 6'2" head room makes a big diference along with the air and other amenities.

We still go by the name Nasty Habit, we just haven't come up with how we plan to put it on the boat.

We will look for you guys when were down there or possibly you can call our cell phone.

Steve

Old 08-13-2002, 12:08 AM
42 SS

Mark,

It has been a while since we saw you last with your 32 Baja. I was always impressed on how clean you kept your boat. Your 42 is really sharp and your motors look awsome. Hopefully we all could hook again on another one of these runs.

Steve

Old 08-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
Where do you guy’s anchor for the show? I will keep an eye for you on Saturday. We usually watch the whole show on Friday and play Saturday and Sunday by ear. Depends on how rough it gets. Sometimes we just come down for the headliner on Saturday and Sunday. Are you going to the twilight show or fireworks Saturday night?
Dan
Old 08-13-2002, 11:53 PM
Registered

Thumbs up that was a blast!

candyman35:
I just want to thank you for a great time on Saturday. Not only did you organize the event, you let me come along for the ride! And what a ride it was! The rough stuff near Racine was great (you know Cigwillie likes it rough), but the topper was when that WWII fighter plane crop-dusted us on the way home. I think he was giving us the salute for "kickin' ass in the rough". Great event, great time, great people. Great day. See you soon.

Cigwillie
Old 08-14-2002, 01:14 AM
Registered

Bill,
I'm sorry you had to miss your GOLF outing! NOT!! It was a great day. I thought Quite Storm sounded real good. He neglected to tell us he had a set of Whipple’s under the hatch. I think everyone there had some cool engines except me. I am going to be real busy this off season. Who ever I have build my engines is going to sign a bonus contract. They have to be running and ready for me to pick up by a specified date or no bonus money. The only thing keeping me from doing the upgrades is the thought of possibly not boating next season.
Dan
Old 08-14-2002, 01:39 AM
Registered

Default I keep telling you....

Let's swap engines and drives.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:57 PM
42 SS

Dan,

We will be just south of Diversy harbor. We dont have a slip either so we wil be heading back north that afternoon.

If your looking to have motor work done Fast Times in Morton Grove are really good, or we run prochargers in our Sonic and we are happy with that set up.

Steve

Old 08-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Candyman,
Is this your old boat. I was going thru old pictures the other day and found this one.
Attached Thumbnails Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!-candy.jpg  
Old 08-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 913 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally posted by 42 SS

If your looking to have motor work done Fast Times in Morton Grove are really good
I agree! They do great work!

I just wish they wouldnt drag their ass's so much and would just tell me exactly when the stuff will be done!!!
I dropped off a long block with them on the first weekend of Jan. I told them i needed it done for the first weekend of May so i can have a few weeks to dial everything in and get ready for LOTO.....next thing you know its the 1st of June and still no engine!! WTF? Jeff(?) i think it was didnt eve tear into the engine till the first weekend of May!!! NOT COOL! just lever with the customer if your that swamped with work.

But like i said...all in all they stand behind their work and they are good.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-14-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

MR.CIG,
That's "Baby". I loved that boat. That's back when Vicki actually liked boating. Thanks for posting it.

Are you interested in the fun run out of Diversey on the 24th? I guess there are 20 something boats so far. Your boat would look great in Powerboat.

Dan

Quick Reply: Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.