Putting together my stereo. >

Putting together my stereo.

Notices

Putting together my stereo.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Putting together my stereo.

Well time has come to upgrade the tunes... My boat came with a sweet set of boss audio 6x9s and 6.5s. Set my gunnels/cup holder cubby up to accept two sets of 6.5's and my side panels accept 6x9's.

Here is where I'm at so far 2 sets of these

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/XS-650-RGB.html

One set of these

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/SW-10FA.html

For power I'm going to go with this for the 6.5's

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/HT6.html

And this for the subs

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/HT4.html

This will leave me with my 6x9 holes open..... I'm thinking about making a filler panel and tossing one more set of 6.5's in there.... As I don't real want to start mixing speaker brands and wet sounds 6x9 is not going to work in this application. I could just get rid of the 6x9 hole all together and get a smaller amp... But that's no fun.

Looking for opinions
Old 01-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Have you considered going with the mono sub amp they offer? You can wire the subs together for a 2 ohm load since they are both single voice coil 4 ohm subs.

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/HT1_spec.html

I know nothing about wetsounds stuff, but , Id consider running 2 pairs of the 6.5s and see how you like the sound. Sometimes more isn't always better. As far as the subs, although free air subs are good, I still don't think they perform anywhere as good as they could in a dedicated enclosure.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered

I was under the impression the 4 ohm was the way to go. I was at the dealer a few days ago and they let me take a 6.5 and hook it up... I used a 5 gallon bucket...LOL. The thing was unreal!! I'm kinda committed to 6 because the holes are cut already. I would love to do a sealed set up for the subs... But I'm trying to decide if it's worth what it's going to take to do that.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
I was under the impression the 4 ohm was the way to go. I was at the dealer a few days ago and they let me take a 6.5 and hook it up... I used a 5 gallon bucket...LOL. The thing was unreal!! I'm kinda committed to 6 because the holes are cut already. I would love to do a sealed set up for the subs... But I'm trying to decide if it's worth what it's going to take to do that.
As long as the amp is capable of 2 ohm load, then no problem. I am running two 4 ohm 10'' Alpine Marine subs off a 2 channel amp, bridged to one channel. So its a 2ohm load now.

The Wetsounds stuff looks cool, but dam its pricey! I have four of the Alpine marine 7'' coaxials in my cockpit, with the two 10'' subs. I can crank it and hear it over my dry piped 800's cruising if desired, but I like hearing the engines better. Im pretty happy with the Alpine stuff for what it costs. I think for two sets of 7'' speakers and two subs I was around 500 bucks. I have an old school Aurasound amp for the coaxials and a old school fosgate 800.2 for the subs. My next purchase will be some alpine PDX amps. They are much more efficient, the old school fosgate amp will kill the batteries in no time if I let it. My subs are mounted under the rear bench, and this spring would like to build a enclosure behind them in a quest for a bit deeper lows.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would need to see some pictures of the cockpit to tell you what I would do. I personally have never used the wetsound stuff but have heard good things.

I can tell you that just about any cockpit setup right with a couple set's of 6.5" up high in the gunnels, and a couple subs down low under the bench seat will sound decent if powered correctly.

Mixing 6x9 and 6.5 can work against each other as well. Best to have all the same speaker. Also don't put mid/high speakers down low in the cockpit, unless you really have no other place to put them. You won't hear them very well at all.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

This is the set up I'm going with... I will prob mount the sub on the gunnel right between the bolster legs so they kinda protect them. I will point the speakers up at an angle. I'm really leaning towards setting those 6x9's up as 6.5's.
Attached Thumbnails Putting together my stereo.-image.jpg   Putting together my stereo.-image.jpg   Putting together my stereo.-image.jpg  

Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Not sure wet sounds are worth the money. They are nice and have easy ways to get LEDs rigs. But why not something you can find cheaper and sounds as nice like JL or Rockford and they make 8" coaxles. Picked some rockfords up of the internet for $130.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

I went to the boat shop where I'm
Getting them..... I do interior work for them. They let me get an infinity, a Polk and the wet sounds and hook them all up to the same amp set up. I was going to do MB quart due to price ..... Well after I did that little show down, it's was clear ..... Wet sounds is no joke. They hands down blew the rest away including the stock set up
That comes in Ski Nauteque.... And they don't put cheap crap in there 160k wakeboard boats.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
This is the set up I'm going with... I will prob mount the sub on the gunnel right between the bolster legs so they kinda protect them. I will point the speakers up at an angle. I'm really leaning towards setting those 6x9's up as 6.5's.
whats up with the 3 rd pic? i would stick with a 4 ohme sub,,2 ohm over amps and turn up way too fast..if you like loud and muddy base then you may like it..me personally i like 8 ohm with alot of power,,i prefer a 15'' ev speaker with a cloth rolled edge which makes the base snappy..their are all differant ways to wire the speakers,if you need information call me and ill walk you through it..i worked for a rockford distributor in my early 20's and did all their installs including some popular people's vehicle's
Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

3rd pic is setting up the glass to add a 6.5 on that spot .... Wish I would have waited... But I didn't so 3 sets of 6.5's it is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.