Notices

supercharger qeuestion

Old 01-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question supercharger qeuestion

Iam lookooking at vortech unit to put on a 95 502 mpi its off of a newer motor with serpentine belts. So my question is besides fuel system upgrades what else am I looking at. Has anyone put one of these in a 24 fountain cs? Low boost I want to ease I to this if possible.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Registered

Tough crowd here.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered

Default 24 cs

Any one else here own one of these rare boats.? Trying to find out anything about it is like pulling hens teeth
Old 01-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will also need a new computer or remap of the current computer. I would stay away from putting a car kit on a marine motor. If you are going to buy a Vortech then make sure it's the compete tuned marine kit.

That being said I would personally recommend staying away from the centrifugal Superchargers like Vortech or Pro Charger. Whipple is the way to go. I had a 98 502 with a Whipple and it was amazing and ran over 600hrs. You might be able to find a old side mount used Whipple system or just go with a new complete kit with intercooler and new intake.

MP
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Bigger injectors
Remap
Oil return from vortech to pan
Vac FMU
MSD 6al
150lph min. Pump
Single blade TB
Old 01-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont listen^^^^^ their are plenty of guys out their running centrifugal superchargers with hundreds of hours..what i like about them is hey are easier on the hole shot(drive) and your not in boost when cruising @ 3200 rpms or so.which keeps you from sucking down fuel.look up mark boos at precision marine,,he is the guy that will tune your ecm for you for a fee..
Old 01-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Registered

It is tuned for a marine motor, just a newer version model than mine. I'll have to upgrade to mefi 3 harness to match up the programming.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Registered

Thanks I'm not looking to to max out my engine yet but more is better, right? Like I said earlier I am easing into this so I can go boating not broke. Now later I'm not sure, speed is addictive!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
Dont listen^^^^^ their are plenty of guys out their running centrifugal superchargers with hundreds of hours..what i like about them is hey are easier on the hole shot(drive) and your not in boost when cruising @ 3200 rpms or so.which keeps you from sucking down fuel.look up mark boos at precision marine,,he is the guy that will tune your ecm for you for a fee..
not necessarily true, internet talk. My vortech is in vacuum until over 4000 RPM, just like my buddies with similar set up whipple. The power curve on a dyno is nearly identical. There are so many experts on here about centrifugal SC's, yet no one has one.

There is a dude out here in Seattle with a CS and a pro charger. Pretty sure Mark Boos did his ecm.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

LOL no way a centrifugal super charger is more efficient then a Whipple screw. My SBC Whipple charged motors ran in vacuum most of the time while cruising. I was not saying you won't like the vortech or that they are junk, just giving my opinion about what I would do if I wanted to put a SC on a 502.

If you get a deal in the marine Vortech and its in good shape then go for it. Or if you already have it then you will love it. Any Supercharger is better then none :-)

Commandersander summed up the mods you will need. The Harness should not be a big deal.

MP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.