Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bad mechanic, getting run around on price, what to do? >

Bad mechanic, getting run around on price, what to do?

Notices

Bad mechanic, getting run around on price, what to do?

Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your next issue will be settling up on the bill with the mechanic when you go pick your boat up.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
i paid 12,800 for a 540 800hp 710 tq new scott shafiroff engine with all the best parts and full cnc ported heads... they raped you dude...
I don't feel that way honestly, the motor ran 801hp / 767tq and and was spot on from the first time it was fired up. Can't see that as being raped, maybe just paying a few hundred more than you did for 57 ft/lbs more torque. There was nothing but top notch parts used for this build as well, had to be to turn that much power from a stock 502 block and GM heads, that's a pretty big number for an engine like that.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Registered

What everyone has been waiting for.....

The repair shop who originally took on my boat was New Horizons Marine in Laurie, MO ran by Matt Roberts.
The engine builder who I know not one person around here would doubt was Eric at Boyd's Racing Engines in Norman, OK
The engine (and boat tomorrow) will be getting finished out by Myrick and his crew at Nauti Marine.

I talked with Matt today and he I believe was well aware he was in the wrong, although we still have to come to an agreement on the $1,000 he shorted passing on to Boyd's that I was told he was paying as a deposit for the work. He is now saying he needs it to cover additional parts he has bought to put the engine back in my boat but that is not my issue to pay for, our business is done. Even if that is not recovered I've still come out well ahead but in my opinion that is nothing more than theft, plain and simple.

Thanks to all of the shops and dealers who have sent me PM's on here to help offer a hand or simply lend some good honest opinions about what to do. The guys at Nauti have a great deal of respect from many people around the lake as I've learned and I am excited to get back out there and enjoy the upcoming boating season again!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal. I would take a Boyd's over Shafirroff any day.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tajinate
I don't feel that way honestly, the motor ran 801hp / 767tq and and was spot on from the first time it was fired up. Can't see that as being raped, maybe just paying a few hundred more than you did for 57 ft/lbs more torque. There was nothing but top notch parts used for this build as well, had to be to turn that much power from a stock 502 block and GM heads, that's a pretty big number for an engine like that.
thats the thing dude, you have a stock gm block and heads... i have a dart block and full cnc pro 1 heads... plus i have no power adder, mine makes that hp on the motor alone... i just hope it stays together for you... rm
Old 01-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If the customer (tajinate) is happy with the deal ,Then everyone should be happy for him. Different areas of THIS country ,demand different money for the same job. That's just how it is...IMO
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Registered

OMG

This guy is kind enough to share his story with all of us and here you come braging about some so called deal you got and so called motor with high compresson thats going to out last someones stuff.

I think you are friends with the bad business man who origially tryed to hose this man and you are trying to save that guy some face for his unprofessional practaces. (Hey dude that won't fly on OSO go back to facebook land)

Last edited by gnorthga; 01-26-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
thats the thing dude, you have a stock gm block and heads... i have a dart block and full cnc pro 1 heads... plus i have no power adder, mine makes that hp on the motor alone... i just hope it stays together for you... rm
Just let it go, guy has been through enough already. He said he is happy to be moving forward....I'm sure that is worth not only piece of mind but a few bucks too.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Good luck with this.

How far is this shop from where you live? I would of been paying this guy a visit after a few dodged phone calls.
I agree. Not sending the motor out till spring would have never happened if I was the customer. You have to stay on these folks. The squeeky wheel gets the greese. I need weekly updates when I am the customer. Don't answer my calls and I will walk up on you. I would have wanted to be there for the dyno test as well.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Geez,,,,,, I need to reevaluate my pricing !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.