Trim Switch For Offshore Controls >

Trim Switch For Offshore Controls

Notices

Trim Switch For Offshore Controls

Old 01-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
What would it take to turn a piece on a lath and put a switch in ?
this fit my kk controls
Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
heres a nice cheap way to do it ive done many like this.the older zero efforts without trim in handle can be converted easily .there is 2 screws under the cover on the throttle where the trim would go .remove those and drill a hole for the wires on the new switch to run down .i usually use a piece of black shrink tube and a small tie wrap to keep it in place.any ways the switch is on ebay great lakes skipper has em ive done many this way

ebay item # 400637260928
I used this trim switch like Smokin' gun suggested, here is a link for it:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/baja-fo...ol-trim-switch

This worked well, it fit tight, actually had to do a little sanding then tap it in, and had to buy longer screws as the ones provided were to short(was .27 cents for the 2 screws at my local sears hardware store). Is a really clean finished product, easy to install in KK controls, and cost is a no brainer. Here are a few pics:

Last edited by ealesh33; 01-13-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Registered

Bringing back a old thread. I just received my switch from GLS yesterday and can't wait to get rid of the crappy switches on the wheel. I started having a issue last week where the drive trims itself up when idling, I think water got into the helm when we got caught out in a storm. Also you have to play with wiring to get drive to trim at times. Do I simply disconnect wiring to helm and wire straight to this switch?
Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RNGRDVE
Bringing back a old thread. I just received my switch from GLS yesterday and can't wait to get rid of the crappy switches on the wheel. I started having a issue last week where the drive trims itself up when idling, I think water got into the helm when we got caught out in a storm. Also you have to play with wiring to get drive to trim at times. Do I simply disconnect wiring to helm and wire straight to this switch?
RNGRDVE, fill me in on your switch. I need to do the same on the throttles of my 2800!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Steve it worked well. I haven't been on the water yet but installed it on Sunday and it does the job nicely. I'll pm my #, Shoot me a message and I'll send some pics.

edit, your mailbox is full. I sent a message on the Checkmate forum.

Last edited by RNGRDVE; 06-09-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did exactly that! If anyone is interested I have a few more I made as some people have shown an interest in it. Also drilled the hole under the handle and made a stainless tube to run wires through. PM if interested.
Attached Thumbnails Trim Switch For Offshore Controls-image.jpg   Trim Switch For Offshore Controls-image.jpg   Trim Switch For Offshore Controls-image.jpg  

Trim Switch For Offshore Controls-image.jpg   Trim Switch For Offshore Controls-image.jpg   Trim Switch For Offshore Controls-image.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
kawilliams (06-20-2023)
Old 08-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
I did exactly that! If anyone is interested I have a few more I made as some people have shown an interest in it. Also drilled the hole under the handle and made a stainless tube to run wires through. PM if interested.
I know it's an old thread but would you happen to have a trim switch for Kiekhaefer control left?

thanks in advance
Old 12-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Switch

I know it's really old thread but does anyone have this available to buy
Old 03-19-2021, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi

It's very difficult to find !!

new or used...

Old 06-20-2023, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
Yes, old thread but I can't PM 89Mach1 (newbie) looking to see if any more switches being made?

thank you
kw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.