Miami Boat Show 2014 Request >

Miami Boat Show 2014 Request

Notices

Miami Boat Show 2014 Request

Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Boat Show 2014 Request

I hope I'm posting in the right location. If not, please move this post admins.

I recently contacted DCB boats and they recommended I post in this forum to get the word/idea out.

Offshore community:

I'm emailing you about potentially setting up for the weekend of the Miami Boat Show in February. I am flying down with my father, couple of his friends, and my brothers to attend the show for the first time but not for a good reason.

My father (Clyde N. Grey), age 58 has been a longtime Baja boat owner. He purchased a Baja Force in 1989 brand new (See attached images), we still have it to date with over 600 hours logged, and it still runs great without any issues. My father was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma last year and has recently learned that the melanoma has metastasized to his lungs, spine, stomach, tongue, and brain. Currently, he is on radiation and a clinical drug to help with pain and to reduce the size of one of the tumors. If this last clinical treatment does not work, they have given him approximately six months to live. He has tried multiple experimental treatment programs with no success and has had to give up his portion of his architecture firm that he started in 1993 due to the inability to work. I have purchased the boat from him to help pay for his medical bills and radiation treatments. He always intended on handing the boat down to us kids and he didn't want to do it but, I was more than willing to purchase the boat knowing it will help him with the bills and to keep the boat within the family.

Growing up, he always told my siblings and I that when he retires that he was going to purchase a much larger and faster boat. He always talked about moving and retiring to Lake Winnipesaukee in NH (where we went every summer growing up), buying a small house on the water, and having a speed boat larger than the house (i.e. no kids around. Haha). However, it looks like he will not be able to do that.

The reason I am posting here is to see if we can set something while we down in Miami for the boat show such as an extended afternoon/day in a larger off-shore performance boat. One of his bucket list items was to go to the Miami boat show at least once in his life and like I mentioned previously, we will be flying(or driving depending on the price of tickets) down from MA to attend the boat show. I would love to be able to do something special for him while we are down there. He is still very well with us and although the cancer has spread throughout the body, he has not weakened much yet. We all know the worst is yet to come but want to be able to do this while he still can.

If you think something like this might be able to be setup with either you or if you know a marina that would be interested in helping out, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I’d love to surprise him with something like this and would be willing to pay for it if came down to it.

This is the web page I have set up for him. It should give you an idea of the support he has received and a tracking log of updates regarding his condition. I can also provided a more detailed summary of who he is and how he has selflessly provided for our family and others over the years.

http://www.gofundme.com/3l4xd4

Attached Images (Not sure if I attached them correctly.)
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry to hear man. I lost both grandfathers last year to cancer. Pulling for you. If I had a boat on that coast is gladly help but I don't. Hope you find it and have a blast.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone step up and do this. I would contact MTI. They have the most boats (and owners) at the show. I would do this in a heartbeat if I was going.

My dad lived exactly 3 months after a pancreatic cancer diagnosis in 11'. I knew it was a death sentence when we found out. I asked him if he had any bucket list items. He said he had always wanted a new red Corvette. 2 days later I got him one. It was a memory I'll have forever.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Get a hold of Larry Goldman, Xtreme Marine: http://xtremepowerboats.com/aboutUs.php

He got the Kardashian's on a boat so he would be the guy to contact in Miami!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CGRIZZLE,

We will not have our "go fast" down there for the show but will have our 70' Hatteras S/F moored at the South Beach Marina during the show. We will be entertaining on board i.e. fishing, cocktail cruises, etc. and would be more than happy to extend some Texas hospitality to you and your father. Give me a call 800 759-2628 Ken
Old 01-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

CGRIZZLE I will be gettting a batch of tickets for the Miami boat show shortly and I be glad to provide tickets.Plese contact me @ 856 767 8134.
Sy Goldberg
Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll see what I can do to get you're dad out riding….
At minimum, we will have our MTI-V with quad OBs in the Mercury show slips for demos… We can get him out on a ride, even though the demo trips are usually not very long…

Yes, Goldman may have a performance boat charter available...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Get a hold of Larry Goldman, Xtreme Marine: http://xtremepowerboats.com/aboutUs.php

He got the Kardashian's on a boat so he would be the guy to contact in Miami!
i hope it sunk and the kartrashians drowned....
Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Get a hold of Marc or Scotty (miss geico racing), maybe you could get him a tour of the Geico race shop and boat. First class guys and first class operation that would be a treat to see.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-09-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
i hope it sunk and the kartrashians drowned....
+1!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.