Notices

Thank you Charlie Haimes!

Old 08-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you Charlie Haimes!

Thought I would take a moment to thank my surprise throttleman in Cleveland this weekend (for the Kilo run only), Mr. Charlie Haimes.

It was truly an honor to ride with him, and I was amazed that I could learn so much in such a short period of time. We ran the kilo "traps" twice on Friday, coming up less than a half mph off of the record. He was able to gain nearly 1 1/2 mph from our first run, by trimming the boat differently, and suggesting we run directly into the wind, which seemed odd to me, as it was not the shortest distance through the traps. I was amazed at how much speed we were able to pick up, and it was only his second time in the boat! We then tested for awhile outside the breakwater. The water was pretty rough later on, and Charlie & Mr. De Santis took a bit of a beating while testing the Super Cat. Given this, and the fact that Happy Hour was immediately following our Saturday race, Charlie had to decline my invitation to throttle during the race.

Nevertheless, I thouroughly enjoyed meeting and riding with "The Man", and hope I get the opportunity to do so again in the future.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Teampita

Thumbs up Congrats

Great job on the Kilo run I was looking forward to having a challenging race with you. I sure we will have another opportunity .

See you at future race.

Jeff

Old 08-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cool

Charlie,

Thank you from all of the Reindl Powerboats crew for joining us for the Kilo Runs! For having only a few minutes in the boat, you certainly figured it out fast. Now I know why you needed all the levels and such. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the year, and we hope to see all of you soon.

Thank you,

Chris Reindl
Old 08-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Registered

Default Thanks!

Jeff:

I hope you can come out and race again soon. I suppose missing a race the same day you get married is a pretty good excuse, so Corpus Christi is out, but how 'bout the Bahamas?

See you there?

Bobby