Notices

46 Cig in 15' waves VIDEO

Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 46 Cigarette Strip Poker

It was honest 8's. 4's would not affect the attitude of a 46. Couldn't get over 50MPH but had a blast and had tabs down about 65% and minimal trim in drives.

Been on lake MI for a long time, very few days like this. Yes, we wish we had the GOPRO with us but we didn't and had to use an IPHONE. The video was short and only 8' in video you see and 12-15 when we got further out but we could not video it with IPHONE and hold on at same time.

It was a short ride, FREEZING cold but we had to test the boat and it ran great, flew straight and landed soft, AWESOME boat that is now in LOTO.

Sorry we did not have better video because it was rollers which are a blast and we do not see much on lake, usually rough days are a big soup bowl. We will get better video next time.

Hope spring gets here soon.

Regards,

Scott Sjogren
Pier 57

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I think he confused ' with "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inUuxJAQMcs

So who is it?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, tough crowd......
Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Pier57.com
It was honest 8's. 4's would not affect the attitude of a 46. Couldn't get over 50MPH but had a blast and had tabs down about 65% and minimal trim in drives.

Been on lake MI for a long time, very few days like this. Yes, we wish we had the GOPRO with us but we didn't and had to use an IPHONE. The video was short and only 8' in video you see and 12-15 when we got further out but we could not video it with IPHONE and hold on at same time.

It was a short ride, FREEZING cold but we had to test the boat and it ran great, flew straight and landed soft, AWESOME boat that is now in LOTO.

Sorry we did not have better video because it was rollers which are a blast and we do not see much on lake, usually rough days are a big soup bowl. We will get better video next time.

Regards,

Scott Sjogren
Pier 57
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Yeh, someone is def a little off on the size of the waves.

John jr
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pier57.com

Regards,

Scott Sjogren
Pier 57
With respect, I still don't buy even 8's. Look at the several wake shots you have. At no time do you have a wave that looks over 4. We have amazingly rough water in Galveston Bay sometimes and I have had to go home behind a barge in 4-5's. I have been out through the jetties into the Gulf of Mexico when the NOAA radio was saying 5-6' and they looked like 10's. We just did it to say we did and turned around after about 1/8 mile. It was very tricky even turning around. It was windy and we got soaking wet.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did I ever tell you guys about the 15 foot salmon I caught? I measured it with the Cig driver's tape measure....
Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

:b sflag:
Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Nah, that's just cuz cigs ride like crap.

Here's an a 41' Apache, same day, same place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5AUMcJZ4M

....The 38 fountain running with them got some good footage too, but the go pro blew off at 145MPH so it wasn't downloaded
Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Certainly wished we got better video that day, buoy's are pretty accurate and you can go back and pull weather up for that day, it was rough.

Just have to sit back and take the beating on this one.

The ride was fun and one of roughest days we have had on lake but the IPHONE just didn't do it's job.

We will certainly get better video next time.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Did I ever tell you guys about the 15 foot salmon I caught? I measured it with the Cig driver's tape measure....
My cig tape measure must be defective, my Bluegill only measured 13' 6"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.