Get permission first!!!!!!   haha >

Get permission first!!!!!! haha

Notices

Get permission first!!!!!! haha

Old 01-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always either A.) discussed with wife first B.) discussed with wife after
either way its going to be a discussion and remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

But I agree, I think many guys use the wife an excuse, maybe get cold feet -
Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
The problem is some of the guys let these girls take over their lives when they were just dating once they take over control your screwed and spend your life asking for permission, I don't always just buy whatever I want but I certainly don't ask for permission, more of a courtesy, same as I would expect from her.
I call that the mommy factor. If you are 18+ years of age, on your own make your own money. Grow up get a set, and if you want it, and can afford it, buy it.
I do not ask permission. I do tell her what I am doing, like it or not. (they will get over it if the relationship is strong) I guess i am pretty lucky. She is into boating, racing, offroading and things I like to do. Not the street bike thing though, to many people we know got hurt.

There are alot of people that think that a hobby like ours is a waste of money. (you can take it with you when you die!) I have had friends and inlaws think I was waisting my money on boating. Now, almost everyone that goes on the boat with us, if they can afford it, own one or rent them now. I tell them that relaxation is priceless.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Actually, I was pretty happy with my last boat and wasn`t even looking for anything else.. my wife likes to search the classifieds and she found the Flat Deck.
I`d have a ton more cash and ton less stress right now if it wasn`t for her
Old 01-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Great thread! See my wife and I have a Understanding. I have her trained with asking her "do I even have to ask" as I get in return " there's no sense in saying no because your going to buy it anyway" lmao! So I just show up with stuff but I tag her along for the ride and let her enjoy it so it works out. And she's a gear head so it makes it that much easier. When I was planning my 5 year plan on a bigger boat she said she wants either a outerlimits or cigarette! I'm in a 25' Eleganza for Pete's sake. But bless her heart for thinking I can afford something like that. Haha
Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My wife and I discuss major purchases. It's just way easier and more effective if she has had a moderate amount of alcohol.

We decided to buy the AT while "pregaming" for a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Actually, I was pretty happy with my last boat and wasn`t even looking for anything else.. my wife likes to search the classifieds and she found the Flat Deck.
I`d have a ton more cash and ton less stress right now if it wasn`t for her
Oh, now your blaming her for your sickness? Sounds good, maybe i'll try that.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:03 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't ask permission, I sell her on the idea so well that she thinks it was hers
Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I actually once sent my wife to look at a boat prior too my seeing it in person.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife and I take turns... She buys a pair of shoes or a dress, Then I buy a new car, motorbike, boat, or whatever the current toy is, it's worked well for the last 10 years, total money spent is in my favour though! Lucky she's a good sport.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

its just part of selling stuff.. its going to happen..
I do lots of wholesale items and sell a lot of stuff online and get that all the time.. geez I even used that one a few times when I have looked at stuff and its no were near the condition of the asking price..
just a general comment 'what your clean is to my clean is sometimes way off".. so even looking at pictures online don't always look the same in person..
I guess im a lucky one my woman is all good with what I do cause shes knows its how on make money....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.