Elimanator 28 eagle viper v-10 >

Elimanator 28 eagle viper v-10

Notices

Elimanator 28 eagle viper v-10

Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elimanator 28 eagle viper v-10

Anyone know how fast is the 28ft Eliminator Eagle with viper V10 I`m looking to hit speeds around 85 holla.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Registered

Well in all honesty once the chine walk starts at 70+ it really doesnt matter how much power your motor makes. So all joking aside I have 3 friends with 28 eagles and they all get pretty squirrely above 70
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I had a 28 eagle with a Whippled 502 and could never use the power. I hit 85 and thought I was going to die. That was with large tabs good steering and a lot of seat time. I think 85 is the max that hull should go.

Its a fast boat for the power, you don't need a V-10 to enjoy that boat.

MP
Old 01-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Registered

Default Viper V10

Thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

It sounds like lots of fun thanks much
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msjbtex
Well in all honesty once the chine walk starts at 70+ it really doesnt matter how much power your motor makes. So all joking aside I have 3 friends with 28 eagles and they all get pretty squirrely above 70
Are you sure your not confusing Porpoising with Chine Walking? Ive had a 28 eagle that runs 82 for 9 years, and it's NEVER chine walked..
Old 01-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

mine for sure chine walked above 75mph or so if I held in straight line. if I put it into a very slight turn it settled and did not jump side to side. the more seat time I got above 70 the better I was able to manage it. I did not have an issue with porpoising. I am sure every boat is a little different. So many variables with X dim, tabs, props, trim, CG, etc...

I only know how my boat handled, not saying it was the same for all 28 Eagles XP hulls. I do know for my set up I was not comfortable over 80mph. Thats why I went to cats, LOL

MP
Old 01-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
mine for sure chine walked above 75mph or so if I held in straight line. if I put it into a very slight turn it settled and did not jump side to side. the more seat time I got above 70 the better I was able to manage it. I did not have an issue with porpoising. I am sure every boat is a little different. So many variables with X dim, tabs, props, trim, CG, etc...

I only know how my boat handled, not saying it was the same for all 28 Eagles XP hulls. I do know for my set up I was not comfortable over 80mph. Thats why I went to cats, LOL

MP
I think your right.. they're all a little different. The 28 Eagles only have a 19 degree deadrise as opposed to the 21 and 22 degree of most other 28' v hulls, which should make it less likely to Chine walk. That's why I was surprised to see these comments, as mine doesn't do it at all... at any speed (at least up to the low 80's for me). I met a guy out here at havasu that had one with an 850 Teague in it, that he claims ran 101.. he said it was squirrely as all hell and he'll never do it again, but said nothing about Chine walk either.

A right hand drive boat can fall off the pad, making it appear to chine walk with only 1 person in it... now I'm kind of intrigued as to why your boat did it, but mine doesn't
Old 01-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Registered

If it was the purple and orange 28 with a tcm 850 that is my buddy Jason and Ive been right beside him watching it chine walk , My other buddy has one with a procharged 540 that does it as well but never seen either of them porpoise. I have yet another buddy with a whippled 500 efi and a shorty drive and his doesnt do it nearly as bad but will start slightly once he starts topping 80. By the way they are awesome boats and I didnt intend to imply differently , just sharing my experiences with this particular model.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is an interesting thread. My 25 Eagle doesn't chine walk until I hit about 80 then it gets real squirrely real quick. There are some comments in the owners forum myself & other members have made about the 25s as far as X dimension, drive height, tabs & such. I would think a 28 would be more stable than a 25 because of the increased running surface. Randy