Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Quadcopter video of my boat >

Quadcopter video of my boat

Notices

Quadcopter video of my boat

Old 01-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 176 Posts

I got the Original Phantom ($378) for Christmas. They are very cool toys.
You can install a mini video transmitter on the Phantom and plug it into the Go-Pro. Then use a matching video recv and a monitor of some sort to get real time video. Really helps with framing the Go-Pro. However the resolution is nowhere near what the Go-Pro video looks like. They also make a OSD module (On Screen Display) that will overlay the GPS data from the Phantom on the real time video. That will be my next upgrade.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, someone has another toy to buy!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I don't fish, but if you can get real time data to the boat can you image finding the schools of fish?? Another couple more quad copter threads or one more person says how much this will change the industry I just might have to get one. Too bad the TX water does not look like that. Great video thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by zz28zz
I got the Original Phantom ($378) for Christmas. They are very cool toys.
You can install a mini video transmitter on the Phantom and plug it into the Go-Pro. Then use a matching video recv and a monitor of some sort to get real time video. Really helps with framing the Go-Pro. However the resolution is nowhere near what the Go-Pro video looks like. They also make a OSD module (On Screen Display) that will overlay the GPS data from the Phantom on the real time video. That will be my next upgrade.
I think it is easier to find birds with the radar to find the schools, but it would be fun to film them once you found them, would also be great for looking for floating debris in summer to find some Mahi. The Garmin displays come with connectors for video inputs I am thinking about adding the video transmitter and OSD to be able to see the video and telemetry right at the helm, but like zz28zz says I don't know how good the video will look.