Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone >

to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone

Notices

to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone

Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone

holy crap... i recently bought a pair of manta boats 32 and 18 ft, i got shipping quotes on both, 4k for the 32 and 2600 for the 18, i figured i would ship the 32 first, then the 18 after the first made it here safely..

my thieving lying dirtbag of a cutoms broker has been jerking me around for over 10 weeks ive racked up 9500 bucks in fees for the boat being in the container all that time and the space in the port where the container has been sitting. he changes his story almost every time my colombian partner and i talk to him, has lied on several occasions this craps been bleeding me dry... ive traveled from medellin to cartagena 4 times to get the boat only to be jerked around again.. i thought things wer all sorted ut and had company ready to pick up the container and move t to their facility to lay the container on its side and remove the boat, they went to the port to get it the other day and i was told i owe another 4500 bucks... im ready to strangle this dirtbag...

he told me it was a BIG problem cuz the boat didnt have brand new engines and i would have to pay a big bribe to get my colombian registration so i gave him 2500 bucks for that, last trip to his office i get the papers it cleared customs and saw a note he gave customs saying the boat was here temporarily cuz i was going to be in fishing tournaments.. which means in six months i have to go through a bunch more crap to get permanent registration... i think the bribe money went it this scumbags pocket.

any way i just listed my manta 18 on ebay as i need to raise some fast cash, i also am listing my mint 2000 aprilia rs 250 motorcycle with 3400 originals miles in a few mins. here is a link to the manta 18 reserve is set at 3500 which is 400 less than i paid for it... if anyone is interested pm me i will kill the auction and save the ebay fees. thx rm http://www.ebay.com/itm/111266808876...TRK:MESELX:IT& _trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 its a solid boat in original gel coat owned by teh same family since new.. original merc st 6 is .040 over and runs strong.

on top of the issues with importing the boat, i had to pay 20k to ship my 40ft container as it is full of tools equipment and engines etc ive accumulated over the last 30+ years. but theat stuff is out of the port and is in route to medellin by truck right now. in all though this was money well spent as it would cost me well over 150k to replace my tools and equipment most of which i couldn't buy here anyway. colombians have no idea what snap on tools are lol all the tools i see here other than a few craftsman tools are chinese crap..

ps if anyone knows an "honest" customs guy in cartagena or has an "in" with evergreen shipping lines hit me up...thx, rm
Old 01-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Sorry to hear Rat but it sounds like business as usual down there...
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got to the 'medellin and cartagena' and my mind quickly thought of this...

Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

"lol good one, actually i keep trading up. medellin is really an amazing city, taxes are next to nothing down here. herb is decriminalized, no speeding tickets,thewomen areamazingly hot, great dining, and the list goes on, colombia has the fastest growing middleclassin th world right now the economy and new construction are booming..."
I guess the customs broker is just trying to move into the growing middle class you mention in this glowing review
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mind thinks of this!![ATTACH=CONFIG]517465[/ATTACH] Sorry to here that Ratman
Attached Thumbnails to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone-feature4.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

But you were bragging about how cheap and good everything was down there.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 4,293 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Doesn`t sound very cheap, you might need get on your knees for this one buddy!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
But you were bragging about how cheap and good everything was down there.
up until i bumped into this customs broker it was shangra la... i lived in costa rica for 6 years before moving here it definitely was trading up from C.R. i'll get though this deal but it sucks a big one....

in C.R. you can import anything you want they just want to tax it.

here they have a big manufacturing sector, its their protectionist attitude that creates these hurdles to be jumped. the funny thing the country itself doesn't see any of the coin, just the crooked people working for the government and the thieving customs brokers...

i bought a 42 " tv to C.R. on the plane and because i didnt have a receipt they took it from me at the airport, i had to get a customs guy to get it back, he made a bogus receipt for it on his pc, i paid him 80 bucks, the receipt was for under 500 bucks so i paid no taxes to the country, only the broker made out, 80 bucks for 20 mins work lol

in the early 80s i went to long beach ca for the formula one races, when i entered long beach i said to my buddys. "look how immaculately clean this city is down here by the water front" i feel the same way where i live here in medellin, this lady that works for the city sweeps the gutter of my street six days a week its like that in the entire sector of el pablado where i live...

did i mention all the hot young azz down here? i see more hot young azz than a toilet seat at victorias secret lol, so it's still a fair trade off as far as i can tell...rm
Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Icdedppl our avatars seem to have something in common!!!!! Fixed

Last edited by 32 Active Thunder; 01-30-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32 Active Thunder
Icdedppl are avatars seem to have something in common!!!!!
come on dude... it's OUR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.