When did it start for you? >

When did it start for you?

Notices

When did it start for you?

Old 03-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
It started for me in late 70's early 80's there where races based out of Saugatuck Michigan back. My folks would take me to the docks on Friday night and we would take our new tiara out on Saturday to watch them run. I was hooked, get days.
Hey Steve, what was the boat that you use to watch come in and out of the harbor as a kid wishing to own one day?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by monkfunk
I remember in my early 20s I stayed at the Marina Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale for business. Went to the Everglades marina on break and had drool coming out of my mouth looking at all the performance boats. Knew back then I needed one.
Saw this Video and had to laugh at how much has changed and hasn’t changed. I miss my Mullet !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPK-fzqgWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPK-fzqgWc
i wish i had the pleasure of seeing everglades marina back in the day, it must have been awesome
Old 03-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey J, good old Allez Vite, lived on lake Mac back around 1989 when she was brand new and Pete used to come in that lake for fuel. Hope all is well!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Hey J, good old Allez Vite, lived on lake Mac back around 1989 when she was brand new and Pete used to come in that lake for fuel. Hope all is well!
All is good! That is the one story I remember you telling me. I thought that was so freekin cool how ~20 years later you bought the boat... Real cool!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ratman, I enjoy that boat chase in Miami Vice. Nothing like seeing two classic Scarabs.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:41 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Water is my peace in life. In it and on it. Liquid and frozen. I grew up on it (summers/weekends), drove to it all the time as a young adult, and have been living a few hundred yards away from it as an adult.

No matter what happens in my overworked / hectic life, I have water.

I will have my ashes spread on it.

Oh.........I bleed Chevy V8's..cars/ street racing /drag racing / boats....so...we know my choice of power. Wish my snowmobiles sounded the same. LOL.