Quadcopter crash on the poker run >

Quadcopter crash on the poker run

Notices

Quadcopter crash on the poker run

Old 02-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Mine has started to be harder and harder to fly. I think the stabilizer has crapped out and I have it being worked on now by a local hobby shop but it is really a PITA when you burn $1500 by the time you buy the unit, have it shipped, hard case, extra batteries, extra blades etc... I think everyone is having problems that I know that has bought one of these things.
So your saying don't rush out and buy one yet?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Expensive little hobby for sure, I think I'll just stick to my gopro and boating.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=polsprung;4080629]Holy cow, those helicopters are pretty incredible. I'm not into RC, but I see why there's such a strong following. He was killed by the same model shown in this vid.

Bert Kammerer takes 3D heli flying to another level. Even though he's one if not the best, I wouldn't stand next to him while he's doing his stunt flying.Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lmeOfpxVU
Old 02-26-2014, 05:00 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
For what it's worth.....

I would much rather read about this than a blow over or spin out.....or losing another brother.....

The reports that I have gotten (first hand) is that most maintained a 40-60 mph while a couple of cats got "out there" but only periodically and momentarily.

Kudos to all that attended keeping in mind that it's NOT a race!

I saw the words copter, crash, and poker run. Opened the thread hoping I there wasn't a tragedy involving a helicopter. What a relief... Just a tragedy of a couple of toys.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Wait? What hapened tot he kid with the head trauma? I assume they were photoshopped pics.... I guess not?
I wish it was photoshop but it is very real and he was awesome at flying his r/c copter. He made one mistake and it was fatal.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

I love that guy....
..... haveagoodday!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spectras only
Bert Kammerer takes 3D heli flying to another level. Even though he's one if not the best, I wouldn't stand next to him while he's doing his stunt flying.Enjoy the video.
I just had no idea how maneuverable they are and these are humans flying. So what happens when they're programmed to fly at their maximum ability with a computer...search and destroy gets pretty damn scary.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

This is video of the 19 year old from New York City who was killed which shows his flying skills. This is not from the day of the accident and contains nothing bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9rjAL6g5IU#t=27
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,755 Likes on 1,239 Posts

As a former skydiver, I can say with some experience that even a soft nylon canopy with a top forward speed of 35 mph can be lethal in the wrong hands. As in all aircraft, quad copters/drones are only as good as the people controlling them. Like all of you, I love the camera angles they provide—it's the ESPN XGames "camera-on-a-wire" technique that the NFL adopted later, minus the wire—but any flying object presents a potential hazard. So pilot skill acquisition and extraordinary caution are musts. This technology, while not "brand new," is still new enough that it needs to be approached with a ton of respect. Not saying that wasn't what happened in these cases, just a general observation/suggestion.

There is an upside here, and I mean this sincerely: Last time I was anywhere near a helicopter crash that involved shooting powerboats, two people died and one was seriously injured. So in the air at least, no lives are at risk with drones.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 02-26-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Getting even more interesting: http://diydrones.com/m/blogpost?id=7...Post%3A1551726

As fast as the technology is changing on these multi rotor UAVs, I personally will wait for things to level off a bit. The system I was about to buy a year ago was I believe $1500 before all the options. Now many are $500 including many of the options.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.