Notices

New 28' Cat...What to Buy

Old 03-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lakeman2

Thanks!! That is such a great looking boat, that SCX looks sick on the back, and I just love the engine scoop and windshield.. I wish I could afford it....Pretty awesome boat.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I would get a 575cat. I heard those are pretty good
Thats what I had before and should have kept it !!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

119mph Test Drive with Bob Teague! The Nordic 28ss (Teague 900efi) was rock solid on rails! Turns amazing over 100mph. Super happy for my friend who bought it. He is still in love with it a year later.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

She is purty! That damn boat is sexy as hell as well! Some of the best lines I have ever seen on a cat.

On a side note I am happy to see that twin canopy fad fading. Never was a fan and it is hard to find an eliminator built in the 2000s with the standard deck.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
119mph Test Drive with Bob Teague! The Nordic 28ss (Teague 900efi) was rock solid on rails! Turns amazing over 100mph. Super happy for my friend who bought it. He is still in love with it a year later.

That is just a great looking 28. The lines, low-pro windshield and deck remind me of a Skater. The tailpipes look sweet. Idk if I like the 28ss or 28 speedster better at this point, I would have to see them both again in person to decide but man, it's hard to get any nicer than a Nordic 28. Super nice boat, thanks for sharing those pics!

Originally Posted by JRider
She is purty! That damn boat is sexy as hell as well! Some of the best lines I have ever seen on a cat.

On a side note I am happy to see that twin canopy fad fading. Never was a fan and it is hard to find an eliminator built in the 2000s with the standard deck.

I wish Eliminator made a full windshield boat on their 25 daytona, like they have on the 27/28 speedsters. I thought early on the ICCs were cool looking in the early 2000s, but a friend of my dad's has an ICC 30 Daytona. Great boat and ride, although when sitting in the boat I found myself constantly wanting to looking over the canopy instead of through it. The newer windshield boats not only look sexy, but the vision is like driving your car/truck. I've always liked the standard deck, 27 half/windshields daytona also.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Registered

I went by Nodic yesterday and talked with Thane.Thane is a legendary boat tooler on the west coast.He has tooled for Eliminator,Hallett and many more.He has taken Nodic to the next level.I have been around west coast performance for around 40 years and would never thought of purchasing a Nodic.After crawling around a 28 SS,I could not believe the fit and finish on the boat.I would put it right up there with DCB and for the amount of $$$$$ performance boats cost these days they should be .Thane designed the 28SS to run a 6 drive.They use a insert in the mold to move the rear seat up 4" to move the motor forward.The boat that is was crawling through had a Teague 985 with a x drive.Thane told me that set up right really made this 28 ss fast.This is a very nice setup,but with a high cost.For about the same coin,you can do a 6.Thane is going to pencil some motor/drive options next week and we will go from there.I think a great setup would be a Mercury 1100 with a 6.The only "con" for me is,I owne a Lavey 27' Sabre cat right now and the Nodic 28ss is around 26' 8" of running surface.I wish they would build a 29ss.That would reall give DCB a run for there money.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice looking single engine cat , It's hard to tell from the pic's put it look's like the center pod is not as deep as some of the other center pod boats but it could be just be the angle of the pic " " whats your thought after seeing it in person ? "
what type of water do you think it will run comfortable in at say 60 to 70 mph 1 foot 2 foot or flat ? of course when a 40 + foot cruiser comes by throwing a nice 4 foot roller I would have to slow down to idail " I would think but not sure " ?
the reason why I ask is because I boat in South Florida so it's all I.C.W and ocean running , most all cats down here have no centerpod , but there's nothing with the fit and finish in the single engine size with no centerpod

your thoughts are very much welcome
Thank you
mike
Old 03-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I will be out there next week and had plans on dropping in to check out their product line, will for sure now!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikebrls
very nice looking single engine cat , It's hard to tell from the pic's put it look's like the center pod is not as deep as some of the other center pod boats but it could be just be the angle of the pic " " whats your thought after seeing it in person ? "
what type of water do you think it will run comfortable in at say 60 to 70 mph 1 foot 2 foot or flat ? of course when a 40 + foot cruiser comes by throwing a nice 4 foot roller I would have to slow down to idail " I would think but not sure " ?
the reason why I ask is because I boat in South Florida so it's all I.C.W and ocean running , most all cats down here have no centerpod , but there's nothing with the fit and finish in the single engine size with no centerpod

your thoughts are very much welcome
Thank you
mike
Mike,I really liked this boat more when I sat in it and checked out the fit and finish.The only downfalls for me is only 26.8' running surface and the engine hatch is small.It would be hard to service/change batteries and just work on the motor.Other then that,the boat is bad ass.Very roomey and you sit low.
As far as chop,I have not test drove one yet.I have done a lot of boating in south FL. And I think the boat would be nice on the ICW and I have been there when the ocean is flat,so I know my 27' Lavey cat loves 2 to 3 foot chop.The faster the better it runs.i think the Nodic would run very good in 2 to 3 footers,Once you get some big holes out there,no 28' cat is going to be fun.I am hoping to hit Thane up for a text drive in a week or two.
Thane quoted $110 k for the boat /trailer loaded without power and drive,not bad.Looking at one with a Teague 985 with a 6 drive around 200k.I think one with a Mercury 1100 with a 6 would be great.Looking around $240k there,but I think the resale would be better with the Mercury.They do have a used one with a 700 Mercry with a NST drive with around 35 hours for $149k.Thane loves that boat and says it will run 110 all day long.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

We spent all of the busy desert storm week in our friends 28ss eating up the chop like it wasn't there. Being a lake Michigan boater I Never thought a 28' boat with a center pod would please me. The Nordic has impressed and I would not hesitate to own one. We crossed the ferry wake mtiple times at speed without a shutter. Obviously there will be a point where no 28' boat will do well but from my expierence by the time its rough enough to dock the 28ss not many other boaters (except apaches! Lol) will want to be out anyways cause its just not fun. Basically if your not buying a 36' or larger cat the 28ss will do great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.