Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Repos: Times sure have changed !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/309152-repos-times-sure-have-changed.html)

Cash Bar 02-28-2014 03:19 PM

Repos: Times sure have changed !!

2 Attachment(s)
In 2009-10 you could go to National Liquidators in Ft. Lauderdale and they were literally overflowing their locations. They had 3-4 additional lots full and everytime I stopped by they had 5-6 trucks with boats waiting just to unload and head back out for pickups. Possibly 500++ on hand on any given day.

These pics are from today. The outside area only had a few cruisers and single engine CCs and everything was junk.

whoya 02-28-2014 03:23 PM

Same here in Cleveland, barely anything there this past year. Are they not getting as many "bank" repos anymore?

Captain YARRR 02-28-2014 03:25 PM

They got them all already :)

Perfect Storm 02-28-2014 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 4082372)
In 2009-10 you could go to National Liquidators in Ft. Lauderdale and they were literally overflowing their locations. They had 3-4 additional lots full and everytime I stopped by they had 5-6 trucks with boats waiting just to unload and head back out for pickups. Possibly 500++ on hand on any given day.

These pics are from today. The outside area only had a few cruisers and single engine CCs and everything was junk.

How are us boaters EVER going to get great deals on repos again if the economy keeps improving like this???! It's all freakin Obama's fault! :angry-smiley-038:

low_psi 02-28-2014 04:31 PM

Same here in MI. I used to browse a repo dealers website locate in MI and now every time I go there they have little inventory..... I guess it is a good thing. Bad for the guys looking for a deal, but good for buyers looking for credit. Less repos should equal financial institutions loosening their belts a bit (I would think)

Right after I posted this I went to the repo site I had previously visited and they don't even have inventory listed online. Their web page just lists their phone number now...

GPM 02-28-2014 04:36 PM

Any chance boat sales are down so there are less repo's

low_psi 02-28-2014 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by GPM (Post 4082421)
Any chance boat sales are down so there are less repo's

Fair statement. But a lot of the Repo boats I have seen weren't necessarily new boats.. Many were in the 5 - 10 year old range. (just what I have observer)

Cash Bar 02-28-2014 05:12 PM

I only stopped by because I had lunch 1 block away but it was quite a change from the times I was looking through there for something I liked.

Too Stroked 02-28-2014 05:20 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I'd look at fewer repos as a good thing for most of us. If the banks aren't repossessing boats (or anything else for that matter), the people that bought them must be able to actually afford them. When a bank does repo a boat, it ends up selling it - generally for a loss. That loss has to be made up someplace - like maybe higher rates on loans to those of us that actually do intend on paying for our stuff.

Sure, some of us have benefitted from this kind of thing through buying a former repo boat. I don't know about the rest of you, but everything I ever looked at that was at a repo sale looked like the original owner knew well in advance that the boat wasn't going to be theirs much longer. So they stopped maintaining it and drove it like they stole it - which of course they did.

Ran-Dom 32 02-28-2014 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by low_psi (Post 4082416)
Same here in MI. I used to browse a repo dealers website locate in MI and now every time I go there they have little inventory..... I guess it is a good thing. Bad for the guys looking for a deal, but good for buyers looking for credit. Less repos should equal financial institutions loosening their belts a bit (I would think)

Right after I posted this I went to the repo site I had previously visited and they don't even have inventory listed online. Their web page just lists their phone number now...

http://www.harrisonmarine.com/

this is obviously who you are referring to.... I've picked up a couple great deals over the years there (28 Velocity & 32 Sunsation) wow I cant believe they have nothing listed ... game over