Noticing a change on here.

Notices

Noticing a change on here.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noticing a change on here.

Ive noticed alot here lately that when people post on general discussion,technical section etc. That there seems to be so much hateness, rudeness and bashing going on. Is it just winter time or just everyones on the edge. I feel as though if the thread dont involve you, or you cant help the situation then keep your negative attitudes to yourself. We come on here to enjoy each others storys, builds, women,and to help .But ive seen the same thing on these post where it starts with a problem and then name calling, like a bunch of grade school bullys. Maybe its just me but sometime times its just not worth posting a problem on here cause the remarks make you feel or look stupid.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

It's a bunch if grown men into a highly competitive sport. Anything involving power and speed tends to involve successful alpha males. Add in the Internet factor where people can say what they want without risk of being knocked upside the head and wala. You have an offshore performance boat forum. Don't think it'll ever change, bet the biggest change is membership up so it seems to be happening more often.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Also most of the bickering comes from a few subjects. Cam for builds, hull in general, efi vs carb. These seems to create the most heated debates.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Registered

Almost anything in general !!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know its crazy, the reason i brought this up is when i posted alot of people would email me, pm me. Stating that they wont post on here cause they get bashed, a couple are well known in the boating world. Just thought i would post this as i love reading the stuff and have learned to ask now before i purchase anything.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

To tell ya the truth i dont really notice it wherever it is, not saying its not there but i dont frequent threads that start to spiral (although some are kinda comical) I still think there is a great content of users here, some more passive then others, and i see it often in the tech sections and the exchange of info within them. I'm sure there is a lot of cabin fever more so this year on account of the record weather. Heck we'll be lucky to have the ice gone by june . . . its TWO feet thick out there . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Just My 02, it always helps to add in ( . ) ( . ) 's if things start getting heated. A good time out most enjoy. LOL.

Let's see how this makes you feel, as an example.

Last edited by SB; 03-10-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what are you talking about the beak boat vs apache vs cig hate/ball bustin... that will never stop.. and im kool wif dat... some people are thicker skinned than others im with glassdave... no particular thread comes to mind.. spewing hate other than towards obama
Old 03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
To tell ya the truth i dont really notice it wherever it is, not saying its not there but i dont frequent threads that start to spiral (although some are kinda comical) I still think there is a great content of users here, some more passive then others, and i see it often in the tech sections and the exchange of info within them. I'm sure there is a lot of cabin fever more so this year on account of the record weather. Heck we'll be lucky to have the ice gone by june . . . its TWO feet thick out there . . . .
Yeah, the time of the year may be a minor contributor as people who haven't found that anyone can live in Florida are suffering because of the weather, but I think as membership grows, all kinds of people will come around, including the type of people who have no filters, no knowledge and are just overall, dumbazzes. Some of it is comical for sure, but some of it is hurtful and disrespectful. All one can do is consider the source
Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it has a lot to due with the fact that it's on the internet. Nobody has to worry about get popped in the mouth. That and it's hard to show emotion when you type.... So it can be read anyway you want to interpret it. I always say when it gets heated that if we were face to face this would never get so crazy. I can't wait for the day that I'm at the the shootout and at about 1 am a fight breaks out. Then ya hear people saying the two guys were screaming at each other in code names from some web site!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.