Notices

sonic's history

Old 08-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

A friend of mine has a 26 sonic and it does the same thing alot ,it is very flighty and has broken the dual ram tabs almost every time it gets air like sydwayz did. They seem like they are a little stern heavy.

Also I have been on Crazy Gregg's 35 and 38 foot sonics and have been very impressed on how they hold up from all the beating they take everyday.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dano
When you take the wife and kids out and get into the snot see if your spinchter isn't somewhat less tight with all that freeboard fiberglass keeping you in the boat. It all comes down to PREFERENCE....
So, to recap, Dano, what you're saying is a person's choice in boats all boils down to spinchter preference

Actually Dano has info on the new processes that Sonic uses to build their boats now, and they are lighter now than they used to be. The only Sonic I can say wasn't worth a crap was the old 24'er. I test drove one and let's just say my spinchter preferred to be on land. It's ride was not typical of a Sonic. And they don't make them anymore

It all comes down to buy what you like, or spinchter preference. If you spend a lot of nights on the boat, it's hard to beat a Sonic like people mentioned above.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:49 AM
Registered

Sydwayz - I think its a bad ass looking boat also..
just curious how were you lucky enough to get a pic of
you and your 26 airing it out?

Ok Knowone seems to want to guess on the mph of that
33rs i post ed with t/440's.....

how about the value, what would you guys pay for that
boat/ if you were in the market for it??
Attached Thumbnails sonic's history-sonic-reara.jpg  
Old 08-16-2002, 01:21 AM
Registered

another pic
Attached Thumbnails sonic's history-sonic-cockpita.jpg  
Old 08-16-2002, 01:45 AM
jb
Registered

I think Sonic is a great all around boat. You can do a lot of things with em.
Run fast - theres always someone faster
Good in rough water
Look good
Comfort in the cabin
solid
deep
classic designs
safe
And you know its a sonic when you see it.
Every boat they make has the same idea behind it.
Who the hell else can make an arch look good in the year 2000+
Old 08-16-2002, 07:54 AM
Miami

non-biasised opinion of non owner - I live in an area of the nations largest Sonic dealer. An aquaintence heads up sales at this dealership. I have ridden on and or operated dozens - mostly 35' and up. Here is my take

Grat looking boat, with or without arch. Hull is the same. If it aint broken, don't fix it.

Sonic has been producing some wild and attractice paint jobs from the factory.

Grat cabin, nice built-in dash cooler, nice plexi wind deflector on fairing, greated padded railing around cockpit and a reasonably laid out dash.

The new 38' boats with twin 575's, seem to run around the real world speed of 80. Very similiar to the steeped bottom cigs sold @ same dealership.

Boat has a slight midrange porpoise that has to be driven out or trimmed out ( really annoying ).

Boat seems to have good rough water charicteristics. However, most captains I have been with do not drive it correctly. They have a tendency to slap through the water versus riding on top of it with the appropriate throttle, tab & trim settings.

All in all a very nice boat. I would never own one though because every boating day I see dozens. I like to be a little different.

Old 08-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

That pic was taken on the Potomac River Poker Run, 2001. We just happened to have the hired helicopter photographer next to us when the rouge waves came upon us.
Go to:
www.flyaloft.com
...for more photos.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talking

32Fever hmmm....not a fetish is it?

might answer some of those questions as to why that boat looks like she is a sinkin" eh? Kinda likes those "rear portals"

When are you guys coming down to play? Were heading up to Erie next week for a little PIB "fun".
Old 08-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

Too old --- Yes the boat was well cared for no doubt.. its been garaged for the last 7 years, when it was in the water it was on a hydro hoist, the bottom is blue printed (whatever That means)
he had 680 hp motors in it ,he sold them and he put fresh 440's back in.. the trs drives are all tricked and brand new...

i would like to figure out whats its worth , and approx how fast the thing will go with that setup?? it is old and i think thats why its been for sale for a while ,... ps i've known this guy for many years , and always loved this boat...

I'm told it has a few electical problems, and the bottom is paint with (not bottom paint) some real high quality paint, but with the painted bottom instead of gelcoat , that it will most likely blister in a short time if left in the water?
Old 08-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Friend of mine had a 81-82 {?} 31 Sonic,great riding,rough
water boat...24 degree,very sharp edges on strakes,very
sharp keel.....New ones I see seem to have a rounded keel.
Did they do this for speed ? {not a pad, but somewhat flat}

Good looking older Sonic !!!!! Sounds like you "Gotta Havit"

Quick Reply: sonic's history

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.