GlassDave has cursed me!!!! >

GlassDave has cursed me!!!!

Notices

GlassDave has cursed me!!!!

Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default GlassDave has cursed me!!!!

Been working on my boat at Dave's shop. Doing the interior this winter, next winter I was planning on building a new 500hp motor for it. Anyways, I got a great deal on a complete set of carbon faced gaffrig monster gauges for it at a great deal complete with gps speedo and antenna. Only drawback is the speedo is the 120mph version. I was hoping I could get Gaffrig to redo it to an 80~90 mph version because the planned motor should put me near 80.

Good ole Dave piped in that that was NOT the correct to fix it and that I just needed to build a bigger motor. Well I called Gaffrig and no dice on getting the speedo redone, so now I will have to build a motor thats 600~650 hp just so the boat comes closer to matching the new speedo. Thanks Dave.......

I guess the kitchen remodel will have to be put on hold, A man has to have his priorities right.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:59 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
been working on my boat at dave's shop. Doing the interior this winter, next winter i was planning on building a new 500hp motor for it. Anyways, i got a great deal on a complete set of carbon faced gaffrig monster gauges for it at a great deal complete with gps speedo and antenna. Only drawback is the speedo is the 120mph version. I was hoping i could get gaffrig to redo it to an 80~90 mph version because the planned motor should put me near 80.

Good ole dave piped in that that was not the correct to fix it and that i just needed to build a bigger motor. Well i called gaffrig and no dice on getting the speedo redone, so now i will have to build a motor thats 600~650 hp just so the boat comes closer to matching the new speedo. Thanks dave.......

I guess the kitchen remodel will have to be put on hold, a man has to have his priorities right.
lol
Old 03-22-2014, 10:06 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

And I thought buying a GPS and seeing your actual GPS speed cost a lot of money in upgrades. LOL.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

650hp is the new 500hp.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

For the price of 1 500 horse motor Dave had 2! 600's swap the cam and port the heads and have a spare ! I think this is a win for every one! Yes kettle one was involved with this post ......
Old 03-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

I look at those motors everyday and drool. Only problem is he is selling them now and Im still working on the interior (well spending money on). If I got those I would loose this season of boating. So it looks like this fall I enroll in the Lightning Jet or Brian41 Acadamey of High Performance Engine Building.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been working on my boat at Dave's shop. Doing the interior this winter, next winter I was planning on building a new 500hp motor for it. Anyways, I got a great deal on a complete set of carbon faced gaffrig monster gauges for it at a great deal complete with gps speedo and antenna. Only drawback is the speedo is the 120mph version. I was hoping I could get Gaffrig to redo it to an 80~90 mph version because the planned motor should put me near 80.

Good ole Dave piped in that that was NOT the correct to fix it and that I just needed to build a bigger motor. Well I called Gaffrig and no dice on getting the speedo redone, so now I will have to build a motor thats 600~650 hp just so the boat comes closer to matching the new speedo. Thanks Dave.......

I guess the kitchen remodel will have to be put on hold, A man has to have his priorities right.
Jackass. Oh....never mind....you already covered that!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so you were planning a kitchen remodel instead of making more hp? are you gay or something?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered

Lets get this straight, My name is not Stecz.... The kitchen was just a little side project. horsepower definitly has the priority.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

here ya go Rob . . . . . problem solved

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...er-motors.html

dont think of it as cursed . . . . . . I like to refer to it as direct target marketing
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.