Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer. Always a crowd favorite.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Chuck, they're building a new 52' twin turbine powered MTI, so there will still be plenty to look at up at the James St docks in Alex Bay!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Registered

this is great for the boys in trinidad..they take pb racing very seriously. here, we need as much turbine vs turbine competition in sbi as we can get. hope to see this new am run up against qatar 96 this year. have not heard much from mary mac.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why the switch?
Old 03-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
Why the switch?
Chuck - Here's an article we posted on HDB a few weeks ago:

Hammer Down Boating - Posted March 8

HDB fans; We recently were able to catch up to team member Jordan Armsey of the G3 Aqua-Mania Offshore race team and confirm the rumors that were swirling.

Gregg Rosen has purchased a new 52’ MTI. He will be driving with Rick Merola on the throttles. They will be pushed through the waters at a blistering speed with 2 – 1850 HP Lycoming turbine engines.

They will be doing some racing, along with poker runs and also will be going after some long runs for records. The team currently still holds the 2009 World record run for Miami to Bimini and back.

Here at HDB we are very happy to hear such great news. This is a great team and sure to bring some exciting action to this year’s season.

As of this time the pictures of the boat with the new graphics are being kept under lock and key. As soon as we get some we will post them for all to enjoy. Good Luck this season Gregg , Rick, Jordan and the whole Aqua-Mania Crew. Be safe and as always HAMMER DOWN!!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
Chuck - Here's an article we posted on HDB a few weeks ago:

Hammer Down Boating - Posted March 8

HDB fans; We recently were able to catch up to team member Jordan Armsey of the G3 Aqua-Mania Offshore race team and confirm the rumors that were swirling.

Gregg Rosen has purchased a new 52’ MTI. He will be driving with Rick Merola on the throttles. They will be pushed through the waters at a blistering speed with 2 – 1850 HP Lycoming turbine engines.

They will be doing some racing, along with poker runs and also will be going after some long runs for records. The team currently still holds the 2009 World record run for Miami to Bimini and back.

Here at HDB we are very happy to hear such great news. This is a great team and sure to bring some exciting action to this year’s season.

As of this time the pictures of the boat with the new graphics are being kept under lock and key. As soon as we get some we will post them for all to enjoy. Good Luck this season Gregg , Rick, Jordan and the whole Aqua-Mania Crew. Be safe and as always HAMMER DOWN!!
might be wishful thinking, but i hope we can see mary mac get in on the turbine scene in 2014 - if they do, we'll have an unprecedented three horse race.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Racer
Racer

might be wishful thinking, but i hope we can see mary mac get in on the turbine scene in 2014 - if they do, we'll have an unprecedented three horse race.
And our ponies are looking to make these horses look like Donkey's
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
And our ponies are looking to make these horses look like Donkey's
Question for you Geico boys. I remember you telling me in the pits a couple of years ago, in Key West, that your turbines went the whole season without rebuilds. What's the longest stretch of races your piston engines went without rebuilds?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Registered

well marc, i'll say this up front: i am a mgrt fan, buuut, i'm not sure i agree with the turbines = donkey power, and merc 1650 = horse power...fair is fair..i did see qatar 96 with 1850 'donkey power' walk away from geico 1650 'horse power' in clearwater with a distinct power advantage. not counting spin out etc, because as much as i hated seeing hassan pull clear ahead of you guys at the opening sprint, them turbine donkeys are no mules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.