How Fast? 25 Ocean Express >

How Fast? 25 Ocean Express

Notices

How Fast? 25 Ocean Express

Old 08-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Fast? 25 Ocean Express

Can anyone give me an estimated speed for a 25' Ocean Cat w twin 2.5 obs?
Old 08-15-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

There are alot of them around here, I just toyed with a white and greeen one on sunday that has t/2.5's, and it's for sale too I think. I dont know his his top end, he was cruising along in the 70's and I pulled to his left in the advantage doing 80 and passed him, which made him get on it, and he pulled away from me like nothing. There's another one local with t/300 promax's on it also, but I dont know what it runs either, I think those motors are a little heavy for a 25 though. Viscious one rigged the one with pro-max's, and had the green one at his shop for sale for a while this summer, I'm not sure if it sold, or the owner is just using it still, but he could answer any question about those boats, as could Adam Focht at the factory. Adam's on the board occasionally as well.

Jolley on the board has one, but he has twin yamaha's, not sure of the hp or speeds, but I think they are around 225's, and he runs near 90 or so, but he can tell you for sure.

I have a 26 redline with built 2.4 bridgeports, and a real lightweight layup, it runs 110+ in race trim, but I added a back seat and haven't gps'ed it, but It's gotta be over 100 still c=uz I'm still smokin guys that run upper 90's, but the hull is identical to the ocean express hull, just stretched a little and a different deck. But total speed isn't the most important thing in the world, I'd be sure to look and ride on lots of cat's and see whaat you like best. I can tell you this much, the hull is a really good riding, deep tunneled cat compared to alot of other's I've been on in this size range. The west coasters can keep thier center pods...

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 08-15-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

So how do theese 25 cats handle rough water 3to4 footers? I am guessing not very well
Old 08-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Ranman

Hey Rob,

I saw one of the Ocean Express cats at the 2002 Thunderfest docked at the Roostertail with a Flight Club flag draped on the hatch. It was a big block and I think it ran one of those Sage drives. I think the owner said the boat ran in the one teens. Turns out one of my good buddies was hangin' with Daughter Focht (can't remember her first name). Sweet girl though.

Old 08-16-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

That 38 at the roostertail is sweet!!! That is One of the guys I grew up with's brother's boat. I was talking to him there and checked the boat out really good, and let him know that is exactly the boat I want for my next boat. He said to let him know when I was ready to buy it. I was wishing right then!!

Where are you doing your boating at? I have been on lake st clair with mine alot since 1995, which gets as choppy as any big lake can, besides the big great lakes, and it's great on that, but I've also been to P-I-B from the detroit river across erie in it a few times. You wouldnt want to catch a real big day on erie on it, but It was not too bad at all, I did catch some big conditions just outside of the islands one year, and It wasn't really bad at all, I still stayed on top of it, and it was over fairly quick, and we were in the bay soon enough with our adreniline levels a bit higher.

Where's Jolley, he had his on lake michigan in 3-4's and said he was amazed at how well it ran. Best bet is to take a ride on the one you are looking at.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 08-16-2002 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Been on the water since Thursday just got back!

Just got back from Traverse City, we were out in 3-4 foot most of the time and it handled it real flat and smooth (just stay on top at about 50-60 mph) We took the 25 out into lake Mi. Sat. WAY TOO ROUGH we saw 6-7 foot swells with alot of wind but made it to Leland then back to Northport,Suttons bay, Mission penninsula,back down to Elk Rapids then to Traverse. Big Ride ,Big Fun . This with the wiffey aboard and she still had a smile on. We trailered up to Harbour springs went all around the Bay then around the point to Lake Charlevoix had lunch then back to Harbour. Trailered to Torch lake went up and down the Lake for awile ( beautiful aqua marine water) . Sunday we towed to the Lake Huron side in Oscoda, real flat water 1-2's finnally able to rip it up .My boat does about 90mph with the Yamaha's 250's and Mazco 15x30's the motors are down all the way on the jack plates for the rough conditions, but if I put'em up for flatter water I see about 7mph difference. My boat is the old Pier33 marina race boat from the early 90's raced out of South Haven,Mi. it's a kevlar skin wth regular glass under that. It is a rock solid boat! The only problem I had all weekend was with the seats (they need some TLC) Ocen Express boats are very well built and after this past weekend I can say they can take a pounding. The best part is when we were running with some V hulls in Lake Mi. my wife pointed to the passengers in the boat next to us as they flew up and down-side to side in there bolsters, as we just puffed along on top packin' air cruisin' right along. You won't be dissapointed with a CAT especially an OCEAN X ! Let me know more about your prospect, nd talk to Sparky aka VISIOUSONE on the board as he has alot of background with Race Cats his new number is 586-598-4077... see ya Bill
Old 08-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Registered

Out havin fun, I should have known!! See I was kinda close on my guesstimations, just a little off on the horsepower, sorry!!
Old 08-20-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

IT WAS EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!! Yup We were hangin' all over the beaches. Just wish we did'nt have to make a living in-between all the great memories! We have to get over to your side of town soon. See ya ,Bill