Notices

4K and your GoPro ?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4K and your GoPro ?

anyone take the plunge on a 4K television yet ? What do you think ? I read an article that at this time it is a waste because of the minimal amount of programming in 4K, and when you watch 1080p HD on a 4K television it takes away from the quality. I know the GoPro records in 4K. And the 4K iv'e seen so far (at store), the picture is INCREDIBLE. I'm due for a new television in my family room so I'm tempted to get one so I'm not behind in a year or two. And I feel this is boat related because I plan to watch many GoPro boat videos on my new television..........
Old 04-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered

I sell professional AV gear and I can tell you that it is a waste right now. There is no content that is available to watch yet and the sets are very expensive. It is just like when the first plasma came out. 22K for a 42 inch plasma and they didn't perform as well as the next few generations that cost 1/4 the price. If you can record in 4K on the GoPro then that is all you will be able to view. I guess if you have money to burn go ahead. I am going to wait until the next couple of generations are released before buying. You realize that 8K and 22.2 channel surround are being released as we speak. Even if you buy the 4K set today you will be outdated right away.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Couginitnordic
I sell professional AV gear and I can tell you that it is a waste right now. There is no content that is available to watch yet and the sets are very expensive. It is just like when the first plasma came out. 22K for a 42 inch plasma and they didn't perform as well as the next few generations that cost 1/4 the price. If you can record in 4K on the GoPro then that is all you will be able to view. I guess if you have money to burn go ahead. I am going to wait until the next couple of generations are released before buying. You realize that 8K and 22.2 channel surround are being released as we speak. Even if you buy the 4K set today you will be outdated right away.
Thanks for that info......I guess I'll be sticking with HD for now........
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Couginitnordic

As a consumer.....I disagree!

I got the 70" 4K SHARP late last year. Very nice, and the 1080P upconvert BluRay is awesome. Also the 1080P looks amazing so I'm not sure what you mean other than maybe the Samsung is lower lever TV quality?

Someone just got me the new SONY Handycam 4K and we took it with us during spring break. Amazing video!!

This unit here looks amazing too.....
http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-105u9500/