Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat >

Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat

Notices

Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat

Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasVines
CNN would rather the owner of that boat still be homeless and addicted and running around claiming victim status that CNN could make a big huge production value out of and blame it on George Bush and Mitt Romney and the Koch brothers for taking away all the jobs for people addicted to coke and crack

actually picking yourself up, getting off your addictions, getting off the streets, making something of yourself, creating jobs for many others and then enjoying the fruits of your efforts does not fit the CNN narrative

and even if you do pick yourself up and make something of yourself to fit the CNN narrative you are suppose to run around guilt ridden and giving money away like it was candy to help enable others to stay addicted and living day to day on the streets because "you have walked a mile in their shoes" never mind that you decided that an old worn out pair of urine and vomit stained vans was no longer the pair of shoes you wanted to walk 5 feet in much less a mile so you took them off, tossed them in the dumpster or burn barrel and decided to pick yourself up and make something of yourself.......but of course how could anyone else possibly do that when you are now hogging "all the money" and buying fancy boats and cars instead of handing it to them with impunity so they can keep squandering it

WOW I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS-- they are so true!

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room still working (just took a break) on a report that is due tomorrow - 10-12 hour days are typical in my business. Do I sit and complain? No! I've been blessed with my work and happy to have the family, talent and drive to be somewhat of a success. Yes, there are those that believe I have an easy life- they see the house, car, boat, jewelry - but they are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. They don't even come close to seeing the work that was put into all of it.

So often I see and meet people that their glass is always half empty - never gotten the break - always from the wrong side of the tracks -- well guess what - NO ONE is keeping you in that state - Yes, it takes work and believe me a lot of it - but I truly believe that God didn't put us here to sit on our hands. Put Him first and a lot of good things do happen.

3 pointstar
Old 04-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I sense a little jealousy and a little ignorance but I wouldn't take "yacht" as an insult.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I wasn't going political either, though CNN appears to be to conservatives what Fox News is to liberals. I wasn't even attacking Willson for his absurd (my take) point of view. I was criticizing the writer for putting together a really crappy and unnecessarily negative story.
I don't think it' limited to CNN Matt, It seems that most mainstream media has weak, non-researched, biased reporting. If I was Gino I would be pissed off to read such a weak story knowing where he came from and how far he has came. Gino, I saw your boat first hand at the show and it is beautiful , enjoy
Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Matt for a really nice piece!!
Thanks everyone for your support and nice comments.

When I spoke to McKenzie, she really sounded sincere about writing a nice story. Obviously she had another agenda.
She kept making comments like "extremely wealthy".

I told her flat out I am not wealth. I work hard at making it and work even harder to spend it. I even told her my wife would rather put money in saving then
the way I do things. She added that comment but missed the point completely!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Should anyone want to express their opinion.

[email protected]

LOL
Old 04-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Should anyone want to express their opinion.

[email protected]

LOL
I'd like to see her in box in the morning hahaha
Old 04-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are an idiot,

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
I hate Liberals! Fight terrorism and shoot a democrat! Every last one of those piece of $hits might as well go take a crap on George Washingtons grave! I hate them all!!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In my experience, anytime you have something nice, some people will put it down. Either their brother n law has a better one, or they know someone whose friend has a better one, you know the type. Or if its reeaaallly nice, then you have toooo much money, shame on you. I don't pay any attention to it.
Although yes there are the rich snotty kids with their fathers credit card that go buy a brand new go fast and flaunt it, most people are self made and many of them donate a fair share to charities unlike the democrats complaining about them.
Its too bad the way this country is going is that democrats want to bring everyone down to their level, instead of trying to bring everyone up a few notches, but that is just their limited way of thinking.
I don't usually rant about this type of stuff, but that article pizzed me off.........
Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino when the media has an angle ready for a story they don't care to publish anything that might shed some truth on their spin
You don't need to explain to anyone.
Good for you for turning your life around and taking care of your family.
Now please come here to Canada and show us how to make more money in the restaurant biz. Our company owns 850 units and there is not a lambo in sight lol

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Thank you Matt for a really nice piece!!
Thanks everyone for your support and nice comments.

When I spoke to McKenzie, she really sounded sincere about writing a nice story. Obviously she had another agenda.
She kept making comments like "extremely wealthy".

I told her flat out I am not wealth. I work hard at making it and work even harder to spend it. I even told her my wife would rather put money in saving then
the way I do things. She added that comment but missed the point completely!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Articles like those make me chuckle. Just the talking heads doing their thing. Meanwhile, Gino still gets in his boat and enjoys his life.

Per another comment, I'd offer her a ride...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.