It's not port Charlotte!!!!!!!! >

It's not port Charlotte!!!!!!!!

Notices

It's not port Charlotte!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's not port Charlotte!!!!!!!!

It is beyond me how the promoters could geographically miss this!!! The race is in Englewood, more specifically on Manasota key. Port Charlotte and Charlotte harbor are at least 30 minutes away. I know originally the race was going to be in Charlotte harbor but for many reasons including how shallow it is that venue didn't work. I mention this for a few reasons, my sister in law manages the Westin wanna b inn which is the location Of the dunk tank, race broadcast, safety boat launch ect. And while there today talking to many of my racer friends were complaining that they were staying in hotels far away because they wanted to be close to Charlotte harbor, the advertised location. I also spoke to a lot of people whom were driving around Port Charlotte asking where is the race? I realize this is the first year etc..etc.. The businesses and residents for the most part have rolled out the red carpet for this event and I think it only fair that they reap the full economic reward.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess little sleepy Englewood wasn't well know enough to promote the race so SBI used Charlotte Harbor, which isn't even the body of water they are racing on. They are running on the Gulf of Mexico along Englewood beach. Pictures look nice from testing, hope its a good day for the race. I wonder where they are going to park everyone if they have a big turnout? Weather is sunny and in the mid 80's. I hope traffic isn't too bad. Beach Rd, main rd off rt 776 to get in. North end of Manasota Key their is another road out to rt 776 through a residential neighborhood. Have Fun!!!